A.L. Lane Foundation Accommodation Scholarship
If you have commenced your studies in Trimester 1, 2015, are a resident of the south-west Victoria region this year and come from a financially disadvantaged background, you should consider applying for this scholarship to assist with your studies at the Deakin University Warrnambool campus.
Total value of the scholarship is up to $8000
Number per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015 at the Warrnambool campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- a resident of the south-west Victoria region for the duration of the scholarship
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
You must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal by the closing date.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should email your supporting documentation with your applicant portal id number in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 close 1 June 2015 at 5pm.