A.L. Lane Foundation Access Scholarship
If you are commencing your studies in Trimester 1, 2015, come from the south-west Victoria region and come from a financially disadvantaged background, you should consider applying for this scholarship to cover your accommodation costs if you are living on Deakin Residences at Warrnambool campus.
Total value of the scholarship is up to $8000
Number per year
One (subject to confirmation)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015 at the Warrnambool campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- a resident of the south-west Victoria region for more than 2 years
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications open 4 August 2014 and close 19 December 2014.