Change 100 Lives - First in the Family Scholarships
The Change 100 Lives First in the Family scholarships provide support to those who are the first in their family to reach university, helping to break the cycle and elevating their educational aspirations.
Cash payment of $4000 per year
Number per year
One (subject to confirmation)
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- the first in your family to attend university.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
If you are applying for a place at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015, via VTAC, you must complete the VTAC Scholarships Application available via MyInfo.
If you have deferred your course place at Deakin University and plan to enrol for the first time in Trimester 1 2015, you must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
If you are applying via the VTAC Scholarships Application, you must provide supporting documentation directly to VTAC by 17 October 2014.
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal you must provide supporting documentation directly to Deakin. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 17 October 2014. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are closed.