Change 100 Lives - First in the Family Scholarships
The Change 100 Lives First in the Family scholarships provide support to those who are the first in their family to reach university, helping to break the cycle and elevating their educational aspirations.
Cash payment of $4000 per year
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 2 2015
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- the first in your family to attend university.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
The scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic performance. You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 throughout your studies.
Successful recipients will be required to write a yearly statement highlighting the impact receiving this support has on them personally and on their studies during the year.
How to apply
You must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal by the closing date.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should email your supporting documentation with your applicant portal id number in the subject line to email@example.com no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 2 2015 open 1 July 2015 and close 22 July 2015 at 5pm.