Deakin Access Scholarships
The Deakin Access Scholarships are available to help those students who, because of some hardship, disability or other form of disadvantage, might not otherwise enjoy the benefits that flow from participation in higher education.
If this is your experience, please consider applying for one of the Deakin Access Scholarships.
Total value $7,500 per year, combination of cash and student contribution.
Normal duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Number per year
Up to 38
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled in an undergraduate course of study in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to demonstrate an area of disadvantage
Areas of disadvantage:
- full-time students who are recipients of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS repayment threshold depending on independence status
- full-time students who have a rural or regional home location
- full-time or part-time students with a disability
- mature age students studying on or off campus either full time or part time.
Post codes for rural and regional locations
Some scholarships require students to move from rural or regional areas or live in specific regional postcode localities.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
If you are applying for a place at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2014, via VTAC, you must complete the VTAC Scholarships Application available via MyInfo.
If you have deferred your course place at Deakin University and plan to enrol for the first time in Trimester 1 2014, you must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Trimester 1 2014 open 5 August 2013 close 18 October 2013.
As part of the application process you will be required to provide supporting documentation.
If you are applying via the VTAC Scholarships Application, you must provide supporting documentation directly to VTAC by 18 October 2013.
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal you must provide supporting documentation directly to Deakin. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 18 October 2013.
Prior to the scholarship closing you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.