Deakin Access Scholarships
The Deakin Access Scholarships are available to help those students who, because of some hardship, disability or other form of disadvantage, might not otherwise enjoy the benefits that flow from participation in higher education.
If this is your experience, please consider applying for one of the Deakin Access Scholarships.
One-off cash payment of $5000
Number per year
Up to 58
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in an approved undergraduate course of study in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to demonstrate an area of disadvantage
If you are a current holder of a Deakin Access Scholarship you will not be eligible for this scholarship.
Areas of disadvantage
The following criteria apply as areas of disadvantage for Deakin Access Scholarships.
- full-time students who are recipients of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS repayment threshold depending on independence status
- full-time students who have a rural or regional home location
- full-time or part-time students with a disability
- mature age students studying on or off campus either full time or part time.
Post codes for rural and regional locations
Some scholarships require students to move from rural or regional areas or live in specific regional postcode localities.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
All applicants must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Trimester 2 2014 open Tuesday 8 July 2014 and close Monday 28 July 2014..
As part of the application process you will be required to provide supporting documentation in support of your application. If you do not provide supporting documentation by the scholarship closing date your application will not be assessed.
The documentation you must provide will depend on the information you provide in your application. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by Monday 28 July 2014. During the online application process you will be prompted about what documentation you will need to supply.
Prior to the scholarship closing you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.