Deakin Access Scholarships
The Deakin Access Scholarships are available to help those students who, because of some hardship, disability or other form of disadvantage, might not otherwise enjoy the benefits that flow from participation in higher education. If this is your experience, please consider applying for one of the Deakin Access Scholarships.
Total package of $7500 per year ($500 paid onto your Deakin Card and $7000 paid in cash or towards student contributions).
Normal duration of the course
Number per year
Up to 38
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015
- enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- able to demonstrate an area of disadvantage.
Areas of disadvantage
The following criteria apply as areas of disadvantage for Deakin Access Scholarships.
- full-time students who are recipients of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold depending on independence status
- full-time students who have a rural or regional home location
- full-time or part-time students with a disability
- full time or part time mature age students studying on campus or Cloud (online).
Post codes for rural and regional locations
Some scholarships require students to move from rural or regional areas or live in specific regional postcode localities.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
If you are applying for a place at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015, via VTAC, you must complete the VTAC Scholarships Application available via MyInfo.
If you have deferred your course place at Deakin University and plan to enrol for the first time in Trimester 1 2015, you must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
If you are applying via the VTAC Scholarships Application, you must provide supporting documentation directly to VTAC by 17 October 2014.
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal you must provide supporting documentation directly to Deakin. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 17 October 2014. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- any financial hardship
- any medical condition
- any other disadvantage you are experiencing
- confirmation of any statement you have provided in your online application
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are closed.