Deakin Accommodation (Medicine) Scholarships
If you are commencing your studies at Deakin and are intending to live at one of the Deakin Residences, please consider applying for a Deakin Accommodation (Medicine) Scholarships. Without the financial pressures of living away from home, you can focus on achieving academic success in your studies.
Total value $10000 per year ($2000 cash and $8000 towards annual accommodation costs in Deakin Residences)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery studies in Semester 1 2015
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- come from a rural or regional home location
- have moved from your home location to study on campus at Deakin University
- be able to demonstrate financial, geographic or other disadvantage.
Normal duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic performance
Number per year
Up to two
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
Successful applicants are not permitted to hold another accommodation scholarship concurrently.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted..
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
- any other disadvantage you are experiencing
- confirmation of any statement you have provided in your online application
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Semester 1 2015 open open 4 August 2014 and close 7 January 2015.