Deakin Accommodation (Medicine) Scholarships
If you are commencing your studies in the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery at Deakin and are intending to live at one of the Deakin Residences, please consider applying for a Deakin Accommodation (Medicine) Scholarships. Without the financial pressures of living away from home, you can focus on achieving academic success in your studies.
Total value $10 000 per year ($2000 cash and $8000 towards annual accommodation costs in Deakin Residences).
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolling in the first year of Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery in Semester 1 2015 at Deakin University
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- come from a rural or regional home location
- have moved from your home location to study on campus at Deakin University
- be able to demonstrate financial*, geographic or other disadvantage
* Financial disadvantage can be demonstrated by receipt of a Centrelink benefit or being able to show that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold depending on independence status
Normal duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Number per year
Up to two
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
Successful applicants are not permitted to hold another accommodation scholarship concurrently.
How to apply
You must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Semester 1 2015 open soon.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 19 December 2014.
Prior to the scholarship closing you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.