Deakin Accommodation Scholarships
If you are studying an undergraduate degree at Deakin and are intending to live at one of the Deakin Residences, please consider applying for a Deakin Accommodation Scholarship. Without the financial pressures of living away from home, you can focus on achieving academic success in your studies.
Package value of up to $10000, $8000 paid towards annual accommodation costs in University Residences and $2000 in cash
Normal duration of the course
Number per year
Up to 13
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- come from a rural or regional home location
- have moved from your home location to study on campus at Deakin University
- not hold another accommodation scholarship
- be in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold depending on independence status.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
Successful applicants are not permitted to hold another accommodation scholarship concurrently.
How to apply
If you are applying for a place at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015, via VTAC, you must complete the VTAC Scholarships Application available via MyInfo.
During the VTAC Scholarship application process you will be asked if you are planning to reside on-campus in 2015 and want to apply for an on-campus accommodation scholarship. If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you will need to answer "Yes" to this question.
If you have deferred your course place at Deakin University and plan to enrol for the first time in Trimester 1 2015, you must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will be required to provide supporting documentation.
If you are applying via the VTAC Scholarships Application, you must provide supporting documentation directly to VTAC by 17 October 2014.
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal you must provide supporting documentation directly to Deakin. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 17 October 2014. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are closed.