HEPP Retention and Completion Grants for continuing students
If you are currently studying an undergraduate bachelor degree at Deakin University and are experiencing extreme financial hardship, please consider applying for this scholarship. With this financial assistance you can focus on achieving academic success in your studies.
Cash payment of up to $2500
Number per year
Up to 35
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current Deakin student enrolled in your undergraduate bachelor degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study
- not hold another active scholarship
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation about how your area of disadvantage has impacted your studies.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
- any medical condition
- any other disadvantage you are experiencing
- confirmation of any statement you have provided in your online application.
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 close 18 February 2015 at 5pm.