HEPPP Retention and Support Grant for commencing students

If you have commenced your first year of undergraduate studies at Deakin University in 2014, please consider applying for the HEPPP Retention and Support Scholarship. With this financial assistance you can focus on achieving academic success.


To be eligible for this scholarship you must:

  • be an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
  • be commencing for the first time at Deakin University in 2014 and be enrolled in the first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree
  • be enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place
  • not hold another bachelor degree
  • not have previously received a DUPPP Financial Study Support Scholarship or Business and Law First in Family Grant in 2014
  • be in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate that you have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold depending on independence status

Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.


Up to $1000 to assist with the costs associated with studying.  Payment will be scheduled after Trimester 2 2014 census date (15 August 2014).


One-off payment

Number on offer

Up to 58

How to apply

All applicants must apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.

Closing date

Applications for Trimester 2 2014 open Tuesday 8 July 2014 and close Monday 28 July 2014.

Supporting documentation

As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation.  You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship.  Late documentation will not be accepted..

The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:

  • your financial hardship
  • any medical condition
  • any other disadvantage you are experiencing
  • confirmation of any statement you have provided in your online application

The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.

Page custodian: Division of Student Administration
Last updated: