Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) Scholarships
Succeeding in your study and getting involved in student life are two of the most important parts of University.
Some students do not have this opportunity due to economic, social or geographic disadvantage. This DUSA scholarship can help give students greater opportunity, allowing them to concentrate on their studies and make the most of the opportunities University presents.
This scholarship will cover:
- All prescribed text books (for enrolled units) for the academic year supplied through the DUSA Bookstore
- iPad, tablet or laptop
- $150 DUSA Bookshop voucher
- $400 DUSA voucher which can be used for trips, tours, events or short courses offered by DUSA
- $100 Deakin Campus Services spend which can be used for services such as photocopying, binding or food purchases
- DUSA Gold membership 2015
- $250 Travel Assistance Package (annual general parking permit/public transport/MYKI)
- 100% funded participation at one of the following:
- Southern University Games
- Australian University Games
- Snow Games
(This includes registration, accommodation, travel to and from games and team meals)
Number per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student, enrolled full time in an undergraduate course in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate economic, social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Your application should provide details of:
- your living arrangements
- your employment conditions (including annual income)
- assets and savings
- any hardship you face and how the scholarship will benefit you
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 open 20 October 2014 and close 5.00 pm 23 January 2015.