The George Alexander Foundation Scholarships at Deakin University
The George Alexander Foundation Scholarships at Deakin University were established by the George Alexander Foundation in 2006, with the aim of assisting undergraduate students who have the academic ability and the will to succeed in higher education but who are disadvantaged by economic, social or geographical circumstances.
Cash payment of $5000 per year.
Three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance
Number per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled full time in an undergraduate course at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus or the Warrnambool Campus in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to demonstrate economic, social or geographical disadvantage.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- strong academic standing (minimum ATAR score of 70)
- participation in and commitment to community / volunteer activities
- economic, social or geographical disadvantage
Scholarship recipients will be required to promote the image of Deakin University and the George Alexander Foundation, both within and outside the University, and participate in the network of The George Alexander Foundation Scholars.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Trimester 1 2014 open 5 August 2013 close 20 December 2013.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 20 December 2013.
Prior to the scholarship closing you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.