The George Alexander Foundation Scholarships at Deakin University
The George Alexander Foundation Scholarships at Deakin University were established by the George Alexander Foundation in 2006, with the aim of assisting undergraduate students who have the academic ability and the will to succeed in higher education.
Cash payment of $5000 per year.
Two years, subject to satisfactory academic performance
Number per year
Up to two
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus or the Warrnambool Campus.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- strong academic standing (minimum ATAR score of 75)
- participation in and commitment to community / volunteer activities
- leadership experience
Scholarship recipients will be required to promote the image of Deakin University and the George Alexander Foundation, both within and outside the University, and participate in the network of The George Alexander Foundation Scholars.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- community and volunteer involvement
A list of acceptable documentation is available on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are now closed.