IGNITED Scholarship - Igniting female interest in non-traditional areas of study and work
These scholarships are awarded to the top female students entering an undergraduate course within the School of Engineering or School of Information Technology within the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment.
Cash payment or student contributions up to $5000 per year plus academic mentor support.
Normal duration of the course
Number per year
2015 - up to eight
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student (Year 12 in 2014 in Australia) or a non-VCE applicant
- enrolled full time in one of the following bachelor degrees:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of IT Security
- Bachelor of Games Design and Development
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information provided in your application.
Year 12 applicants must achieve a minimum ATAR of 70 and satisfactory completion of the published course specific requirements.
Consideration will be given for Non-Year 12 applicants based on academic merit (previous 12 results and/or GPA for post secondary studies deemed at or above the equivalent of a 70 ATAR.)
How to apply
All applicants must apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarships Applicant Portal.
You will be required to upload a current photograph of yourself via the 'Upload Documents' option at the top of the online application.
The photograph must be submitted by 13 February 2015.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 close 13 February 2015. .