Indigenous Access Scholarships
Indigenous Access Scholarships (IAS) aim to improve access to higher education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, particularly those who need to relocate from their remote or regional location.
Cash payment of $4823.
A one-off payment.
Number per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- undertaking an undergraduate course of study for the first time with Deakin in a Commonwealth supported place
- enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study
- in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or able to demonstrate that you have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- not holding a bachelors degree or higher-level award unless such award is a prerequisite of your current undergraduate course of study
- enrolled to study at the Institute of Koorie Education
- the degree of your involvement in your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community
- financial, education or social disadvantage
- responsibility for others
- your disability status
How to apply
Application for 2015 will be online via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications will open in February 2015.
Please contact the Institute of Koorie Education.
Phone 03 5227 2538 or 1800 063 383 or email email@example.com