Jewish Holocaust Centre Wilson Family Scholarship in Memory of William Cooper
To honour the memory of William Cooper, the Jewish Holocaust Centre has established a scholarship for Indigenous students undertaking studies and extra-curricular community involvement relating to social justice issues.
You will support the Centre's dedication to combating racism, hatred and prejudice by fostering tolerance and understanding through education and community involvement.
Cash payment of $3000
You will also have an opportunity to undertake voluntary work with the Jewish Holocaust Centre.
Number per year
To be eligible for this award you must:
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
- be a current Deakin University student enrolled in your second last or final year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in a Commonwealth-supported place
- be enrolled full-time (part-time enrolments will be considered in the case of exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study)
- have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65
- demonstrate a commitment towards social studies or Holocaust studies in both academic endeavours and community work
You will be required to promote the image of Deakin University and the Jewish Holocaust Centre, both within and outside the University. You will also be required to provide a progress statement at the end of the year highlighting how the scholarship has supported you personally and in your studies that year and your aspirations for social justice.
How to apply
You can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Trimester 1 2014 close 1 May 2014.