Glendon A. Lean Memorial Scholarship
School of Education
Dr Glen Lean, in whose memory these awards are made, was a mathematics education scholar in the Faculty of Education from 1989 until his death in 1995. The Glendon A. Lean Memorial Award and The Supplementary Glendon A. Lean Memorial Award have been established through a bequest by Joseph A. Lean. The Awards are offered for a maximum of three years to doctoral candidates who wish to pursue research in mathematics education.
Application period/Closing date
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Value and benefits
- A stipend of $30,745 per annum tax exempt (2014 rate)
- A relocation allowance up to a maximum $1840 (2014 rate) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
Successful applicants must have achieved a Master of Education degree with a research pathway or equivalent and have done so with outstanding results. Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a higher degree by research, and who:
- are enrolling as full-time students;
- are not receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (generally less than seventy-five per cent of the base APA stipend rate); and
- have not completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the terms and conditions (PDF, 133.0 KB) of award.
How to apply
Please refer to the Apply for a research degree webpage for application information.
Please contact Associate Professor Susie Groves for further information.