May and Romeo Schiavon Rural and Regional Journalism Studies Doctoral Scholarship
School of Communication and Creative Arts
The School of Communication and Creative Arts in the Faculty of Arts and Education at Deakin University is pleased to accept applications for the May and Romeo Schiavon Rural and Regional Journalism Studies Doctoral Scholarship to commence in early 2014. The Scholarship will support the successful applicant for three years of doctoral work on an aspect of rural and regional journalism. The Scholarship would be based principally within the journalism program at the Burwood campus of Deakin University.
The Schiavon Rural and Regional Journalism Studies Doctoral Scholarship has been established with the generous support of the May and Romeo Schiavon Endowment, a trust that is administered by ANZ Trustees.
Application period/Closing date
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Value and benefits
- A stipend of $20,000 per annum tax exempt
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants should be enrolling full-time and possess the following:
- A first class Honours degree, research Masters degree or equivalent
- Experience as a professional journalist in print, television, online and/or radio
- A proposed project that investigates a significant issue or aspect of regional and rural journalism
- Australian/NZ citizenship, or be a permanent resident or holder of a humanitarian visa
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the terms and conditions (PDF, 344.0 KB) of award.
How to apply
Please refer to the Apply for a research degree webpage for application information.
Please contact Dr Lisa Waller via email or phone 03 5227 1342.