Frequently asked questions about supporting documents

What supporting documents should I supply?
The supporting documents you supply should substantiate the information you provide in your scholarship application. These documents must be specific and not general in nature.

What does a certified copy mean?

The document is a true copy of the original and has been sighted by an acceptable person. To have a document certified, you should take the original and a copy to an authorised person. The person must then write on every page of copied document: "I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original." (sample statement)

The person should sign each statement and provide their designation, for example, "Pharmacist."

What type of Centrelink statement can I provide?
Please provide a current (no more than 2 weeks old) Centrelink Income Statement.  The statement should show:

  • Your name and current address
  • Current date
  • the Centrelink benefit you are receiving
  • Amount and payment dates

On-line payment history reports printed directly from the Centrelink website are not acceptable documentation.

How do I provide my Centrelink Income Statement?
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Applicant Portal you must email a current copy of your Centrelink Income Statement PDF. The PDF must be the original downloaded from the Centrelink website. Please don't print and scan the document. 

Please ensure that the statement displays the required information detailed above. 

I only have a Health Care Card, will this do?
Yes, a certified copy of your Health Care Card can also be used as supporting documentation. However a Centrelink Income Statement is preferred.

I don't have/can't find my Centrelink Income Statement?
Please call your Centrelink adviser and ask for a new Centrelink Income Statement to be sent.  Please ensure you allow sufficient time to provide the statement to the Scholarships Office before the specified deadline.  Alternatively log into the Centrelink website and request a new Centrelink Income Statement.

Prior the scholarship/s closing if you are experiencing difficulties with your documentation, please email  for assistance.  

Late or incomplete supporting documentation will not be accepted..

Where to send supporting documents?

Supporting documentation must be sent to with your applicant ID number in the Subject line. Your applicant ID number is six digits long and is the same number you have used to log in to the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.

Supporting documentation checklist

  1. Ensure you put your Scholarship Applicant ID, Full name and contact details on all documents.
  2. Provide supporting documentation before the closing date.
  3. Check your supporting documentation can confirm the information you have provided in your application.
  4. Check your supporting documentation is as specific as possible.
  5. Check your supporting documentation is current.
  6. Please don't use presentation folders or binders to forward your documents.
  7. Call the Scholarships Office if you have any questions.

Contact us

For scholarships email:

Geelong +61 3 5227 2333
Melbourne +61 3 9244 6333
Warrnambool +61 3 5563 3333

Page custodian: Division of Student Administration
Last updated: