The den Hollander Scholarship
The den Hollander Scholarship Fund will enable Deakin students to reach their full potential and make their goals a reality – whether they dream of making a difference in industry, undertaking pioneering research or dedicating their talents to serving the community.
Cash payment of $8000 per year for two years.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current Deakin student enrolled full time in your second year of an undergraduate bachelor degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- have a minimum WAM of 70
- be able to demonstrate that you were educated at a public high school in Australia
- be the first in your family to attend university
- be able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- strong academic standing (minimum WAM of 70) in your first year of study at Deakin
- can demonstrate an outstanding commitment to supporting the community
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Short listed students will be requested to complete a separate application form once eligibility has been confirmed.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation requires evidence that you were educated at a public high school in Australia. The following documentation is acceptable:
- VCE result
- Report card
- Signed statement from the school confirming your years of attendance on a school letterhead
- A Statutory Declaration declaring the name of your school and the years you attended
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are now closed.