Warrnambool City Council Award
If you live in the City of Warrnambool and come from a financially disadvantaged background, you should consider applying for this award to reduce your study expenses.
Cash payment of $2500 to assist with study costs
Number per year
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015 at the Warrnambool campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- a resident of the City of Warrnambool or south-western Victoria
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are closed.