Warrnambool City Council Award
If you live in the City of Warrnambool and come from a financially disadvantaged background, you should consider applying for this award to reduce your study expenses.
Cash payment of $2500 to assist with study costs
Number per year
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2015 at the Warrnambool campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- a resident of the City of Warrnambool or south-western Victoria
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
If you are applying for a place at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2015, via VTAC, you must complete the VTAC Scholarships Application available via MyInfo.
If you have deferred your course place at Deakin University and plan to enrol for the first time in Trimester 1 2015, you must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
If you are applying via the VTAC Scholarships Application, you must provide supporting documentation directly to VTAC by 17 October 2014.
If you are applying via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal you must provide supporting documentation directly to Deakin. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by 17 October 2014. Late documentation will not be accepted.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are closed.