Information, resources and contacts for careers practitioners and student advisers.
Careers practitioner can now update their details online.Update your details
This year's Deakin's Careers Practitioners Seminars were held at the Melbourne Burwood Campus and the Geelong campuses.
Each day contributed 3 hours towards your professional development against the CICA and VIT standards (CEAV approved), as per the following;
- 6.3.2 Labour Market
6.3.2.a. Labour Market Information
- 6.3.4 Ethical Practice
6.3.4.c. Develop relationships with other professionals
- 6.3.5 Diversity
6.3.5.a. Recognise diversity
- 6.3.6 Information and Resource Management
- 1. Professional Knowledge:
1. Teachers know the content they teach
- 3. Professional Engagement:
7. Teachers reflect on, evaluate and improve their professional knowledge and practice
8. Teachers are active members of their profession
- "Welcome and admissions Overview" (PDF, 535.8 KB) presented by Alex Sims, National Recruitment Manager & Cathy Gutierrez, Manager - Admission, Enrolments and Records
- "Valuing diversity and enabling access at Deakin" (PDF, 784.0 KB) presented by Merrin McCracken, Manger of Disability Services & Andrew Newhouse, Student Access and Equity
- "Self management in the future labour market" (PDF, 1.0 MB) presented by David Essex, Manager of Careers and Employment Services
- "Arts and Education courses Overview" (PDF, 535.4 KB) presented by Lorna Walsh, Marketing Manager in the Faculty of Arts and Education
- "Whats new in the Science, Engineering and Built Environment Faculty" (PDF, 304.8 KB) presented by Fiona Morrison, Marketing and Development Manager
- "School of Nursing and Midwifery Overview" (PDF, 239.5 KB) presented by Elizabeth Oldland, Lecturer
- Geelong Careers Practitioner's Seminar presentation (PDF, 3.2 MB) presented by Michelle Berrigan, Marketing Officer, Deakin Univeristy
Request a presentation or Deakin tour
Deakin offers a range of opportunities for your students to hear from a Deakin representative through our 'Experience Deakin' events, available on and off campus.
Career Practitioners Network Bulletin
Subscribe to the Career Practitioners Network Bulletin: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics include: 'First In Family' New Resource for Students, Bachelor of Health Science - Student Profile, Occupational Therapy (OT) graduate employment, Bachelor of Commerce internationally recognised, New engineering labs spark new opportunities
Topics include: Faculty of Health Study tips, The Science and Engineering Challenge 2013, Deakin Careers Practitioners Seminars, Animation Master Class, Faculty of Arts and Education - Changes to VCE prerequisites, New Majors: In Health.
Topics include: Direct Application to Deakin, 2014 Undergraduate Course Guide and career booklets, Deakin Careers Practitioners Seminars, Deakin at Your Doorstep, Moving in at Deakin Regional Community Health Hub (REACH).
Topics include: Change of preference, why study nursing and midwifery at Deakin, cadet project.
Topics include: VCE extension studies, new in 2013 from the faculty of Science and Technology, find out what the 'Deakin Worldly' experience could mean for your students, Deakin at your Doorstep coming to Craigieburn in 2013, public health and health promotion - student profile.
Topics include: Deakin change of preference activities, Deakin's five star rating, engineering at Deakin and the VTAC guide, now more ways to study psychology, good news for MIBT Australian Graduates looking for entry to Deakin University.
Topics include: Non-school leaver information evening, information on the Bachelor of Health and Physical Education, partnerships between Deakin and The Gordon, studying science and technology overseas with Deakin, Deakin's first cohort of Clinical Exercise Physiologists graduate.
Topics include: Open Day 2012, New courses from the the faculties of Arts and Education and Science and Technology, Internships for undergraduate psychology students, Faculty of Business and Law relocation to Waterfront, International Nursing study tours, MIBT at Deakin Open Day.
Topics include: Open Day 2012, World first for Moorabbin Dialysis Centre, Deakin Fiji project 2012, Deakin Learning Hub in Dandenong, MIBT News - more pathway options for Diploma of Science graduates.
Topics include: Faculty of Arts and Education open selected courses for a T2 intake, VCE PE School Visits Program, field trip experience on video, Student Housing Rental Grants - a successful program helping students financially, Distance no issue for dedicated MIBT student
Topics include: IT @ Deakin, Thinking about a career in Medicine or Optometry, Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology (MIBT), Parental Engagement Project.
Topics include: Teaching with new technologies introduced in Warrnambool area, Cycling towards Paralympics gold - applied sport science in action, I made MIBT my pathway to Deakin.
Topics include: Deakin Learning Hub in Dandenong, Science and Engineering Challenge 2012.
Guides and booklets
Order Deakin publications via this online form: Publications order form.
Contacts and resources
|Melbourne Campus at Burwood||Telephone|
|03 9246 email@example.com|
|Angela Fragiacomo |
Senior Marketing Officer
|03 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Senior Marketing Officer
03 9246 8260
|03 5227 email@example.com|
|03 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Marketing Officer - Associate
|03 9246 email@example.com|
|03 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|03 5227 email@example.com|
|03 522 firstname.lastname@example.org|
03 5563 3444
Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV) is the Victorian peak body for secondary school career practitioners, work experience coordinators, VET coordinators and MIPS coordinators.