Information, resources and contacts for careers practitioners and student advisers.
Careers practitioners can now update their details online.Update your details
Visit Deakin University
Organise your visit to Deakin University.Book your campus visit
Invite Deakin University to your event.Invite Deakin
- Deakin's strategic plan, Live the future: Agenda 2020 (PDF, 2.6 MB) presented by Professor Brenda Cherednichenko, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Arts and Education.
- Overview and the latest update on Deakin's 2014 selection and admissions process (PDF, 1.6 MB) presented by Mr Ross Buchan, Director Student Administration Services.
- What's new at Deakin (PDF, 1.8 MB) presented by Alex Sims, Head, Student Recruitment.
Please note: information was correct at time of event, subject to change.
2013 archived events and resources
- 6.3.2 Labour Market
6.3.2.a. Labour Market Information
- 6.3.4 Ethical Practice
6.3.4.c. Develop relationships with other professionals
- 6.3.5 Diversity
6.3.5.a. Recognise diversity
- 6.3.6 Information and Resource Management
- 1. Professional Knowledge:
1. Teachers know the content they teach
- 3. Professional Engagement:
7. Teachers reflect on, evaluate and improve their professional knowledge and practice
8. Teachers are active members of their profession
- "Welcome and admissions Overview" (PDF, 535.8 KB) presented by Alex Sims, National Recruitment Manager & Cathy Gutierrez, Manager - Admission, Enrolments and Records
- "Valuing diversity and enabling access at Deakin" (PDF, 784.0 KB) presented by Merrin McCracken, Manger of Disability Services & Andrew Newhouse, Student Access and Equity
- "Self management in the future labour market" (PDF, 1.0 MB) presented by David Essex, Manager of Careers and Employment Services
- "Arts and Education courses Overview" (PDF, 535.4 KB) presented by Lorna Walsh, Marketing Manager in the Faculty of Arts and Education
- "Whats new in the Science, Engineering and Built Environment Faculty" (PDF, 304.8 KB) presented by Fiona Morrison, Marketing and Development Manager
- "School of Nursing and Midwifery Overview" (PDF, 239.5 KB) presented by Elizabeth Oldland, Lecturer
- Geelong Careers Practitioner's Seminar presentation (PDF, 3.2 MB) presented by Michelle Berrigan, Marketing Officer, Deakin University
Please note: information was correct at time of event, subject to change.
Request a presentation or Deakin tour
Deakin offers a range of opportunities for your students to hear from a Deakin representative through our 'Experience Deakin' events, available on and off campus.
Career Practitioners Network Bulletin
Subscribe to the Career Practitioners Network Bulletin: email email@example.com
Download the February 2014 Bulletin
Topics include: Save the dates – Careers Practitioners' Events 2014, Werribee Learning Centre, Change of Preference, Criminology at Burwood from 2014, Bachelor of Health Sciences, Australian Students First Across Line in World Finals, Science and Engineering Challenges.
Topics include: Werribee Learning Centre, Change of preference, Criminology at Burwood from 2014, Upcoming activities and events that allow you to Experience Deakin Science and Environment in 2014, DFestival - a two-week exhibition featuring creative arts displays and performances both on and off campus.
Topics include: Discover Deakin - School holiday program, Under-represented schools list for 2014 VTAC admission, Deakin At Your Doorstep (DAYD), 2013 MIBT Scholarship Recipients, Forensic science students confronted with gruesome reality of working crime scenes, TOBY Playpad in India.
Topics include: Deakin at Your Doorstep, Helping students to explore the world while they study, Push for the winning edge in competition, Peer mentoring in the Faculty of Health, Discovering treasures under the sea, MIBT Graduate profile.
Topics include: Deakin University Open Day 2013, Parent Information Evenings, Three Minute Thesis, Deakin's MOOC to explore innovations in assessment, Student Societies Faculty of Health, Apps development an exciting career choice, Challenging students to discover science and engineering.
Topics include: We're not only worldly, we're world-class (Deakin's QS 5 Star Rating), Stepping out, breaking through: choices and challenges in education conference, Midyear Entry, School of Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships, New group aims to LEAD the way for female engineering students, Deakin's Dance Program In July 2013.
Topics include: Courses commencing in Trimester 2 2013, Faculty awards highlight scholarship opportunities, Introduction to Further Education Events, Virtual tour of the REACH (Regional Community Health Hub) building at Deakin University
Topics include: 'First In Family' New Resource for Students, Bachelor of Health Science - Student Profile, Occupational Therapy (OT) graduate employment, Bachelor of Commerce internationally recognised, New engineering labs spark new opportunities
Topics include: Faculty of Health Study tips, The Science and Engineering Challenge 2013, Deakin Careers Practitioners Seminars, Animation Master Class, Faculty of Arts and Education - Changes to VCE prerequisites, New Majors: In Health.
Topics include: Direct Application to Deakin, 2014 Undergraduate Course Guide and career booklets, Deakin Careers Practitioners Seminars, Deakin at Your Doorstep, Moving in at Deakin Regional Community Health Hub (REACH).
Topics include: Change of preference, why study nursing and midwifery at Deakin, cadet project.
Topics include: VCE extension studies, new in 2013 from the faculty of Science and Technology, find out what the 'Deakin Worldly' experience could mean for your students, Deakin at your Doorstep coming to Craigieburn in 2013, public health and health promotion - student profile.
Topics include: Deakin change of preference activities, Deakin's five star rating, engineering at Deakin and the VTAC guide, now more ways to study psychology, good news for MIBT Australian Graduates looking for entry to Deakin University.
Topics include: Non-school leaver information evening, information on the Bachelor of Health and Physical Education, partnerships between Deakin and The Gordon, studying science and technology overseas with Deakin, Deakin's first cohort of Clinical Exercise Physiologists graduate.
Topics include: Open Day 2012, New courses from the the faculties of Arts and Education and Science and Technology, Internships for undergraduate psychology students, Faculty of Business and Law relocation to Waterfront, International Nursing study tours, MIBT at Deakin Open Day.
Topics include: Open Day 2012, World first for Moorabbin Dialysis Centre, Deakin Fiji project 2012, Deakin Learning Hub in Dandenong, MIBT News - more pathway options for Diploma of Science graduates.
Topics include: Faculty of Arts and Education open selected courses for a T2 intake, VCE PE School Visits Program, field trip experience on video, Student Housing Rental Grants - a successful program helping students financially, Distance no issue for dedicated MIBT student
Topics include: IT @ Deakin, Thinking about a career in Medicine or Optometry, Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology (MIBT), Parental Engagement Project.
Topics include: Teaching with new technologies introduced in Warrnambool area, Cycling towards Paralympics gold - applied sport science in action, I made MIBT my pathway to Deakin.
Topics include: Deakin Learning Hub in Dandenong, Science and Engineering Challenge 2012.
Guides and booklets
Order Deakin publications via this online form: Publications order form.
Contacts and resources
|Melbourne Campus at Burwood||Telephone|
|03 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|03 9246 email@example.com|
|03 5227 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Marketing Officer - Associate
|03 9246 email@example.com|
03 9246 8206
03 9246 8205
|03 9246 8076|
|03 5227 firstname.lastname@example.org|
03 5227 8688
03 5227 8526
Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV) is the Victorian peak body for secondary school career practitioners, work experience coordinators, VET coordinators and MIPS coordinators.