2014 Careers Practitioners' Events
Deakin's 2014 Careers Practitioners' events are being held across all campuses. Careers Practitioners are invited to attend one or more of the following events. Please register and confirm your attendance for each event below. Registrations will close one week prior to each event. A confirmation email detailing further information and the agenda will be sent to you.
Thursday 27 March
Optional workshops/ tours at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus (3.00 – 5.30 pm)
Dinner and presentations to follow (5.30 – 8.00pm)
- Experience the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus through optional tours and activities
- New residences tour
- Exercise and sport science activity
- Optometry activity
- Crime house activity
- Engineering lab tour
- Hear about regional initiatives from the Office of the Deputy Vice - Chancellor (Global Engagement)
- Listen to one of the University's top researchers, Associate Professor Peter Miller, Principal Research Fellow at Deakin's School of Psychology.
- Enjoy canapés and network with your colleagues during the faculty expo
- Learn about Deakin students' worldly experiences
- Enjoy dinner with the Student Recruitment Team and our regional partners
In this keynote, Peter Miller will speak about some of his research and the effects alcohol and drugs have on the wider community, including adolescents. He will also discuss some of the unexpected opportunities he has had as a result of pursuing a career in research and why others might decide to explore research as a career option.
If you are attending the Geelong Waurn Ponds optional workshops/tours (3.00-5.00pm), transport is available from The Gordon if required (only available for those attending The Gordon Professional Development Day).
Friday 23 May
(8.30 – 11.40am)
- Hear about the Warrnambool Campus and key regional initiatives from the Head of Campus
- Participate in an interactive lecture, across multiple sites using our state of the art facilities
- Visit and experience our fish farm and marine facilities
- Enjoy a delicious morning tea
- Take part in an optional residences tour
- Experience our Warrnambool residences (complimentary accommodation is available on Thursday 22 May – 20 beds available)
Events will contribute towards your professional development against CICA standards.
As workshops are designed to be interactive please ensure you wear appropriate footwear.