About Travel and Transport
The Travel and Transport portfolio has been created to meet existing and future transport needs for all students and staff at Deakin. In order to have truly sustainable campuses we need to continue to be a leader both within the University and more broadly in the community to improve the accessibility to and from our campuses by road, rail, air, bike and pedestrian pathways.
Travel and Transport is undertaking key projects to make our campuses more sustainable including:
- Implementation of bike friendly Waurn Ponds and Waterfront projects including improved end of use facilities, bike lanes and bike racks.
- Additional bus shuttle services for 2013 servicing both Geelong Campuses and the new 200 space BVAC free park and ride location
- Introduction of new arrangements for Travel Management Consultancy and booking services
- Analysis of the Travel Survey results to inform lobbying and transport planning
- Development of enhanced integrated Travel and Transport website and App communications
- New on-line parking permit system and further improvement to car park utilisation planning.