Technology and wills – the dawn of a new era
This webinar will be hosted by industry experts in estate planning, Kimberley Martin, Director at Worrall Moss Martin Lawyers, and Adam Steen, Professor of Practice, Deakin Business School.
You'll have the opportunity to ask questions about the webinar topic and about our financial planning course offerings. This webinar will also give you the opportunity to receive Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as questions will be sent to you after the webinar.
Join us to learn about:
- the increasing use of technology in will making, including the rise, and use, of dispensing powers, electronic wills and remote witnessing via audio-visual link
- our financial planning course offerings at Deakin University.
Specifically, the webinar will also cover:
- the historical and current formal requirements of executing a will
- the rise and use of electronic signatures
- increasing incidences of wills (created using various forms of technology) that do not meet the formal legal requirements to be recognised as a valid will, and how different countries deal with them
- the introduction of electronic wills and remote witnessing by audio-visual link, before the COVID-19 pandemic
- developments as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- practice tips for those who plan to offer electronic wills.