Deakin’s School of Communication and Creative Arts have developed a hands-on work experience program for Year 10 students interested in a career in the creative industries. The week long program is centred around a series of interactive workshops within our state-of-the-art facilities.
Under the direction of Deakin staff and students, participants will undertake the following:
- create a rotoscope sequence using 2D animation techniques
- explore the creative use of digital technology in virtual and augmented reality
- learn how to work with green-screen technologies to shoot media for VFX production
- participate in a Design Thinking exercise, focusing on team work and idea generation
- develop and create your own brand for your portfolio.
If you have any questions about the program, email the Faculty of Arts and Education.
Please note: this program is full and is no longer accepting expressions of interest.
Visit the faculty's events page to stay up to date with the latest events.
Date and time
Monday 30 September–Friday 4 October 2019
Deakin University, Geelong Waterfront Campus
1 Gheringhap St
Geelong VIC 3220