Alumni June Graduations CompetitionAlumni news
To celebrate graduations in 2019, we’re giving new graduates the chance to win a $200 gift card for updating their details.
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to Deakin graduates who update their details via Deakin University Alumni Community Portal after they receive a text message from the Alumni Relations team during the competition.
- Entrants may only enter this Competition once.
- Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement portfolio are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 01 June 2019 and closes at 5pm AEST on 3 July 2019.
- The prize is a Visa gift card valued at $200. There will be 2 prizes in total.
- If a winner of the movie voucher is a resident outside of Australia (proof of current residency outside of Australia will be required), Deakin may, if requested by the winner, substitute a payment of $200AUD for that winner only. In the case of winners residing in Australia, the prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $400AUD.
- One winner will be drawn randomly from entrants who meet the following criteria:
- They have graduated in June 2019.
- They have received a text message from the Alumni relations office.
- They have updated their details before 5pm AEST on 3 July 2019.
How to Enter
- Alumni must be graduating in the given group, have received a text message from the Alumni Relations Office and updated their details within the specified time frame.
- The winners’ names will be drawn the day after the competition closing date (or following weekday if a weekend or public holiday) at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus.
- The winners' will be notified by one or more of email, SMS and in writing. The names of the winners will be published online at deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of the draw date. Winners will be sent the prize.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 21 days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 28 days of the original draw date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in the above paragraph.
- Prizes are not transferable. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).