Deakin Alumni Birthday CompetitionAlumni news
Deakin Alumni are giving away a movie prize package to one lucky alumnus each month for their birthday to celebrate these special days for our community.
Competition terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The monthly competition is free to enter and is open to Deakin alumni who have their birthday in the given month during the competition period, and who have a current and active email address in the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal and they open the birthday Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) issued by the Deakin Alumni Office in their birth month.
- Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement portfolio are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 1 February 2019 and closes at 5pm AEST on 31 January 2020.
- There will be one Deakin alumni winner each month of movie vouchers to the value of $150 therefore 12 winners in total.
- Eligible cinema include Hoyts, Village, Barefoot Cinemas, and Movies under the stars.
- If a winner of the movie voucher is a resident outside of Australia, Deakin may, if requested by the winner, substitute a payment of $150.00AUD for that winner only. In the case of winners residing in Australia, the prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $1800.00 AUD.
- One winner will be drawn randomly each month from entrants who meet the following criteria:
- Their birthday is in the given month;
- They have a current and active email address in the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal; and
- They have opened the birthday EDM issued by the Deakin Alumni Office.
How to enter
- Alumni must have a birthday in the given month, have a current and active email address in the Alumni Community Portal and open the birthday EDM issued by the Deakin Alumni Office to be eligible.
- The winners’ names will be drawn on the last day of each month (or following weekday if a weekend or public holiday) at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus.
- The winners will be notified by one or more of email, SMS and in writing. The names of the winners will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of the draw date. Winners will be sent the prize.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 21 days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 28 days of the original draw date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in the above paragraph.
- Prizes are not transferable. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).