Dr Dilal Saundage is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics in Deakin Business School. Dilal is an experienced academic and a Data and Visual Analytics expert. He is also a Senior Certified Professional of the Australian Computer Society. Prior to joining academia, Dilal worked as an Information Technology consultant assisting numerous organisations in both the public and private sector with digital transformation of business and organisation processes.
Dilal graduated with a PhD in Information Systems from Deakin University, and his research interest includes the interplay between Technology and Society and Information Systems education. As a member of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), he is a regular contributor to the Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). He is also a member of the Editorial Board of the Australasian Journal of Information Systems and a reviewer for several international information systems conferences.
Dilal has nearly twenty years’ experience in tertiary education, is recognised as a leader in teaching and learning by his peers, and has received several teaching awards, at School and Faculty level. Over his career, he has also made significant contributions to teaching and learning through innovative curriculum design. He led the innovative curriculum agenda of the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics with new courses in Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) platforms, and adaptive learning platforms. His past research projects include Office of Learning & Teaching (OLT) funded research projecct investigating innovative methods of teaching business analytics.
Recently, Dilal as the Director of Teaching and the Acting Head of Department, introduced several successful courses (Master of Business Analytics, Bachelor of Business Analytic and Graduate Certificate of Artificial Intelligence for Business).Read more on Dilal's profile
- Information Systems
- Visual Analytics / Visual Metaphor
- Data and Information Visualisation
- Tertiary Education
- Senior Certified Professional (CP IP3P), Australian Computer Society.
- Business Analytics
- Descriptive Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- MIS771 - Descriptive Analytics and Data Visualisation
- MIS716 - Artificial Intelligence for Business
- MIS715 - Artificial Intelligence for Accounting and Finance
- MIS714 - HR Analytics
- MIS706 - Business Sports Analytics
- Pro Vice-Chancellor's Lecturing Legend Award (2012) - For a consistent high level of performance in Teaching and Learning.
- School of Information Systems Award (2009) - For excellent teaching.
- School of Information Systems Award (2007) - For valuable contribution to service.
- Faculty of Business and Law Award (2006) - For rewarding and promoting excellent teaching.
- Faculty of Business and Law Award (2003) - For outstanding contribution to the faculty's strategic priorities in Teaching.
No publications found
Funded Projects at Deakin
Australian Competitive Grants
Enhancing collaborative learning in information systems business analytics using data visualisation and manipulation techniques
A/Prof Jacob Cybulski, Prof Dineli Mather, Dr Susan Keller, Dr Lasitha Dharmasena, Dr Dilal Saundage
OLT Seed Projects - Office for Learning and Teaching
- 2015: $36,599
- 2014: $7,107
- 2012: $165,000
No completed student supervisions to report