Guangyan Huang currently is an Associate Professor at the School of Information Technology, Facult of Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Deakin University. In 2014, she was the recipient of an ARC DECRA fellowship. She also has been awarded two Discovery Projects - DP190100587 (sole CI) and DP140100841. She was awarded a PhD degree in Computer Science from Victoria University in 2012. Before she joined Deakin, she was a senior lecturer (2014), research fellow (2013) and research officer (2012) in VU.
She has 107 publications mainly in Sensor Stream Data Mining (time series pattern mining, anomaly recognition and intervention), Text Mining (short text clustering, topic discovery, text retrieval by topic match), Multimodal Data Fusion (fusing of image/video, short text, GPS spatial temporal data and sensor data) and Human Emotion Recognition (through facial expression video, speech/audio and text/subtitle) and Its Application in Human-Machine Interaction. She is a PhD and Master Principal supervisor.
She also has 5 years' research experiences in Chinese Academy of Sciences. She was a research assistant from 2003 to 2007 in the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. She worked as an assistant professor in the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences from 2007 to 2009. Between June 2006 and Dec. 2006, she was a visiting researcher at Platforms and Devices Centre in Microsoft Research Asia.
She is active in academic community. She has been Associate Editor for Health Information Science Book Series (Springer) since 2013. She was Assistant Editor for Health Information Science Journal (Springer) from 2012 to 2014 and helped launch the first issue in Dec. 2012. She had served as Publication Chair of WISE'2013, WISE'2012, HIS'2013 and HIS'2012, workshop Co-Chair for 4 workshops joint with WISE'2013, APWeb'2012, APWeb'2008 and MCDM'2009. She achieved APWeb'2012 Best Local Arrangement Chair Award and HIS'2012 Best Workshop Chair Award.Read more on Guangyan's profile
- Sensor Stream Data Mining (time series pattern mining, anomaly recognition and intervention),
- Text Mining (short text clustering, topic discovery, text retrieval by topic match),
- Multimodal Data Fusion (fusing of image/video, short text, GPS spatial temporal data and sensor data),
- Human Emotion Recognition (through facial expression video, speech/audio and text/subtitle) and Its Application in Human-Machine Interaction
SIT773 - Software Requirements Analysis and Modelling (2019, 2020, 2021)
SIT771 - Object-Oriented Development (2021)
SIT742 - Modern Data Science (2018)
SIT717 - Enterprise Business Intelligence (2018, 2019)
SIT707 - Software Quality and Testing (2018)
SIT340/SIT740 - Research and Development in Information Technology (2014-2017)
1. G. Huang (sole CI), ARC Discovery Project - "Sensor Stream Pattern Mining for Automatic Anomaly Recognition and Intervention" (DP190100587, $351,725, 2019-2021)
(A PhD scholarship related to this DP project, with $27,082 per annum for three years, is available until filled. Interested applicants please send your CV, academic record and publications to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
2. G. Huang, ARC DECRA Project - "Mining Patterns and Changes of Wave Shapes for Efficiently Querying Periodic Data Streams" (DE140100387, $349,179, 2014-2016).
3. Y. Zhang, G. Huang, ARC DP Project - "Deep Data Mining for Anomaly Prediction from Sensor Data Streams" (DP140100841, $329,027, 2014-2016).