Dr Hong Nee Ang is a Lecturer and the Director of Master of Professional Accounting and Finance in the Department of Accounting in Deakin Business School. Hong has more than 15 years working experience in industries and academia in Australia, Malaysia and South Korea. Prior to joining academia, she held positions as a senior auditor in an accounting firm and an accountant in an IT company.
Hong has taught corporate accounting, accounting theory, professional research and analysis for accountants, and accounting for decision making to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Her research interests are in the areas of international financial reporting, directors’ remuneration and corporate governance.Read more on Hong's profile
- International Financial Reporting
- Executive Remuneration
- Capital Market Research
- Corporate Governance
- XBRL Reporting
- Member, Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) Australia.
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountant (MIA).
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ).
- Corporate Accounting
- Accounting Theory
- MAA363 - Corporate Accounting
- MAA753 - Professional Research and Analysis for Accountants
- MAA720 - Accounting Theory
- MAA310 - Accounting and Society
- Top 10 Papers for Journal of Financial Accounting and ERPN Subject Matter e-Journal (New Papers Category), November 2008-2009.
- Melbourne Research Scholarship, 2005-2008.
- Prize of Excellence for Tertiary Students of Victoria, 2006.
B Li, T Stork, D Chai, M Ee, H Ang
(2014), Vol. 27, pp. 19-31, Pacific Basin Finance Journal, C1
H Nee Ang, M Pinnuck
(2011), Vol. 23, pp. 316-344, Pacific Accounting Review, C1-1
H Ang, M Pinnuck
(2010), pp. 1-40, AFAANZ 2010 : Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Annual Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand, E1-1
(2010), pp. 1-1, IAS 2010 : American Accounting Association : International Accounting Section Mid-year Conference proceedings, Palm Springs, California, E1-1
H Ang, K Church, M Feng
(2009), IAS 2009 : American Accounting Association : International Accounting Section Mid-year Conference proceedings, Saint Petersburg Beach, Florida, E1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
Other Public Sector Funding
Development of financial modelling for asset management system for Victoria State Government.
Dr Hong Ang
- 2020: $2,000
- 2019: $7,000
- 2018: $10,000
Industry and Other Funding
CEO Remuneration and Firm Performance: Does Information Asymmetry Explain the Gap?
Dr Hong Ang, Prof Peter Carey, Prof Chien-Ting Lin
- 2013: $5,225
No completed student supervisions to report