Jane Kotzmann is a Lecturer in Deakin Law School. Before embarking on her career in academia, Jane served as an associate in the inaugural Teach for Australia program. Prior to this, she was in private legal practice for a number of years, principally in commercial litigation.
Jane obtained her Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from Deakin University and her Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching (Teach for Australia) from the University of Melbourne. Jane recently completed her PhD in relation to the human right to education.Read more on Jane's profile
- Animal rights and more broadly animal law, in particular the potential extension of international human rights to non-human animals and international and comparative perspectives on animal law.
- Human rights, including the theoretical underpinnings of human rights, the human rights-based approach and the right to education.
* Australasian Animal Studies Association
* Deakin Critical Animal Studies Network
* Animals Australia
- Animal Law
- Human Rights Law
- International Law
- MLJ702 - Contract Law and Policy
- MLL324 - Administrative Law
- MLJ710 - Administrative Law and Policy
- MLC206 - Marketing Law
- MLL323 - Constitutional Law
- Animal Rights and Animal Law
- Human Rights
- Public International Law
- Administrative Law
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2012.
(2018), Oxford, Eng., A1
J Kotzmann, N Bhatia, M McMahon
(2018), Vol. 24, pp. 20-43, Australian journal of human rights, Abingdon, Eng., C1
J Kotzmann, C Seery
(2017), Vol. 26, pp. 1-42, Michigan state international law review, East Lansing, Mich., C1-1
(2015), Vol. 21, pp. 71-96, Australian journal of human rights, Chatswoood, N.S.W., C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
Industry and Other Funding
Bullying and harassment review
Ms Rebecca Tisdale, Dr Jane Kotzmann
- 2019: $28,225
No completed student supervisions to report