Dr Justine Ferrer is a Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management (HRM) in the Department of Management in Deakin Business School. Justine teaches across the spectrum of HR units. She has developed specific strategies to engage the student cohorts, and this drive for greater engagement is influenced by her research on student engagement and employee engagement in the workplace.
Justine is interested in the career development of minority groups, particularly indigenous groups in the workplace. This research has allowed an exploration of the connections between human resource management with diversity and inclusion specifically around career development. The current project focus is in the Australian Football League exploring the career development of players within and post-playing careers.Read more on Justine's profile
- Employee Engagement
- Talent management and strategic human resource management
- Career Development for Minority Groups
- Associate, Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
- Associate, Employee Responsibility and Rights Journal.
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development
- MMH232 - Human Resource Development
- MMH703 - Human Resource Development
- Employee Engagement (Or any of its derivatives) at work, and in the context of HRM. How is it driven, enhanced and developed? What are the impeding factors for an engaged workforce.
- Human Resource Management - the value add and strategic contribution of the human resource to organisational competitiveness.
- Human Resource Development - the development of the core talent, individual, team, and/or organisation for greater performance. Why develop? How to develop? and how to ascertain the contribution of the development.