Keshav Sood received his B.Tech. degree (Hons.) in Electronic Engineering with distinction and the M.Tech. degree in Optical Fibre Engineering in 2007 and 2012, respectively. He received his Ph.D. degree in Information Technology from Deakin University, Melbourne in 2018. He is currently a Lecturer in Deakin University, Melbourne. Previously he worked as Research Fellow in Advanced Cyber Security Engineering Research Centre (ACSRC), The University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia. He worked on the project funded by Defence Science and Technology Group. He also worked as mentor in online future learn course on cyber security issues in small and medium scale enterprises. He was a trainee with the Terminal Ballistic Research Laboratory (TBRL, DRDO, Ministry of Defense) in Chandigarh, India. He is a Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia accreditation. His research interests include Software-defined Networks, Internet of Things, Quality of Service and Cyber Security.
Software-defined networking, Internet of Things, cyber security, data analytics
Computer Networks, Machine Learning, Network Design
Software-defined Networks, Internet of Things, Quality of Service and Cyber Security
• PC member of IEEE Big Data Conference, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
• Reviewer for the conference/s: IEEE Big Data, IEEE/CIC, ICCC, IEEE ICC, Workshop on Big security IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE GLOBECOM.
• Journal reviewer: IEEE Network Magazine since 2014, IEEE Communication letters since 2016, IEEE Access, IEEE Internet of Things, IEEE Transaction on computational social system, IEEE TIFS, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation systems, IEEE transaction on Industrial Informatics, IEEE TIFS, IEEE/ACM TON.
• External examiner Honors thesis. Deakin University, University of New England, University of Wollongong, University of Sydney
• External examiner Master by Research and M. Phil thesis. University of New South Wales, University of Sydney.
• Sessional lecturer, Unit developer and course co-coordinator for Cyber Security and Cloud Security Units at Victoria University, Melbourne.
• TPC-co-chairs, IEEE ITNAC 2017 and 2018
• Deputy Director of bachelor cyber security degree at Deakin University from Jan 2019 to till date.
• Panel member HEAG, Deakin Uni. June 2019-till date
• RPL assessment officer, School of IT, Deakin Uni. January 2019 to till date.
• Session facilitator for Cyber Security workshops, Deakin Career Studios, India and Nepal, July 2019.
• Publication co-chair, Springer International Conference on Security and Privacy in Digital Economy (SPDE2020), China http://spde2020.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/65558
• Guest Editor, Security and Privacy for AI-powered Smart IoT Applications, Digital Communications and Networks, Elsevier, http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/digital-communications-and-networks/call-for-papers/security-and-privacy-for-aipowered-smart-iot-applications/
Security and PrivacY Research in IoT (SPYRIT) Lab
Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation
2016 Professor of IT Award for outstanding achievement in research within school of IT
Received Travel Fund Grant from IEEE ITNAC 15. Award amount $600.
$10K start up fund from Deakin Uni. 2019-2020
L Fang, X Zhang, K Sood, Y Wang, S Yu
(2020), Vol. 154, pp. 1-15, Journal of network and computer applications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
M Nosouhi, K Sood, S Yu, M Grobler, J Zhang
(2020), pp. 1-15, IEEE transactions on computational social systems, Piscataway, N.J., C1
G Li, B Feng, H Zhou, Y Zhang, K Sood, S Yu
(2020), Vol. 152, pp. 305-315, Computer communications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
K Sood, K Karmakar, S Yu, V Varadharajan, S Pokhrel, Y Xiang
(2020), Vol. 7, pp. 5964-5975, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Y Zhang, B Feng, W Quan, A Tian, K Sood, Y Lin, H Zhang
(2020), Vol. 8, pp. 133212-133224, IEEE Access, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Yunhua He, Jialong Shen, Ke Xiao, Keshav Sood, Chao Wang, Limin Sun
(2020), pp. 1-6, ICC 2020 : Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications, Online, Ireland, E1
K Sood, K Karmakar, V Varadharajan, U Tupakula, S Yu
(2019), Vol. 23, pp. 612-615, IEEE communications letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Lu Zhou, Keshav Sood, Yong Xiang
(2019), Vol. 23, pp. 1700-1703, IEEE Communications Letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
S Pokhrel, K Sood, S Yu, M Nosouhi
(2019), pp. 73-78, IEEE INFOCOM 2019 : IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops, Paris, France, E1
M Nosouhi, S Yu, K Sood, M Grobler
(2019), pp. 350-357, TrustCom/BigDataSE 2019 : Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference On Trust, Security And Privacy In Computing And Communications/13th IEEE International Conference On Big Data Science And Engineering, Rotorua, New Zealand, E1
K Sood, S Pokhrel, K Karmakar, V Vardharajan, S Yu
(2019), pp. 1-6, Globecom : Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Waikoloa, Hi, E1
V Pham, S Yu, K Sood, L Cui
(2018), Vol. 7, pp. 74-84, IET networks, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Y Yuan, C Wang, S Peng, K Sood
(2018), Vol. 7, pp. 2429-2438, IEEE access, Piscataway, N.J., C1
A Al-Mansoori, S Yu, Y Xiang, K Sood
(2018), pp. 1-11, ACSW 2018 : Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference, Brisbane, Queensland, E1
K Sood, K Karmakar, V Vardharajan, U Tupakula, S Yu
(2018), GLOBECOM : 2018 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, E1-1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2017), pp. 1-6, ACSW 2017 : Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference, Geelong, Victoria, E1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2016), Vol. 3, pp. 453-463, IEEE internet of things journal, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2016), Vol. 20, pp. 2522-2525, IEEE communications letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang, H Cheng
(2016), Vol. 4, pp. 7176-7185, IEEE access, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang, S Peng
(2016), pp. 71-76, ICIEA 2016: Proceedings of the IEEE 11th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Hefei, China, E1
K Sood, S Liu, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2015), pp. 226-231, ITNAC 2015: Proceedings of the 25th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference, Sydney, New South Wales, E1
S Yu, K Sood, Y Xiang
(2014), Vol. 18, pp. 1911-1914, IEEE Communications Letters, NJ, United States, C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report