Keshav Sood received his B.Tech. degree (Hons.) in Electronic Engineering with distinction and the M.Tech. degree in Optical Fibre Engineering in 2007 and 2012, respectively. He received his Ph.D. degree in Information Technology from Deakin University, Melbourne in 2018. He is currently a Lecturer in Deakin University, Melbourne. Previously he worked as Research Fellow in Advanced Cyber Security Engineering Research Centre (ACSRC), The University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia. He worked on the project funded by Defence Science and Technology Group. He also worked as mentor in online future learn course on cyber security issues in small and medium scale enterprises. He was a trainee with the Terminal Ballistic Research Laboratory (TBRL, DRDO, Ministry of Defense) in Chandigarh, India. He is a Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia accreditation. His research interests include Software-defined Networks, Internet of Things, Quality of Service and Cyber Security.
Highly motivated and excellent students who wish to do PhD with me in the areas of modern networking and security are encouraged to contact me. Deakin University provides various scholarships for both Australian and international students. Please contact me with your resume, a copy of the academic transcript of your highest qualification, list of publications (if no publications please include title and abstract of your honours /master’s thesis).
March 2021- till date - Head of Product, Cyber Security Capstone ProjecT, SIT Deakin University
Jan 2019- till date - Deputy Course Director, Bachelor Of Cyber Security, Deakin University
Oct. 2018- till date- Lecturer in Cyber Security, Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI), SIT, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
Jan. 2018- Oct. 2018 - Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Advanced Cyber Security Engineering Research Centre.
Project: Policy Driven Secure End to End Services in Distributed Software Defined Networks based Autonomous Systems, Funding Body: Defense science and technology group (DST, Australia), The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Aug. 2017- Oct. 2018- Mentor and Course Facilitator, Cyber Security for Small and Medium Enterprise: Identifying Threats, and Preventing Attacks, Future Learning Course, Deakin University, Australia
Feb. 2017- Dec. 2017- Lecturer and Course Coordinator of Graduate Course in Cyber Security, College of Engineering and Science, Victoria University, Melbourne
Feb. 2014- Oct. 2017-Tutor and Marker, School of IT, Deakin University
Modern network security (Software-defined networking, Internet of Things, and 5G)
Computer Networks, Machine Learning, Network Design, Advanced Network Security
Software-defined Networks, Internet of Things, Quality of Service and Cyber Security
• PC member of IEEE Big Data Conference, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
• Reviewer for the conference/s: IEEE Big Data, IEEE/CIC, ICCC, IEEE ICC, Workshop on Big security IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE GLOBECOM.
• Journal reviewer: IEEE Network Magazine, IEEE Communication Letters, IEEE Access, IEEE Internet of Things, IEEE Transaction on computational social system, IEEE TIFS, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation systems, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics, IEEE/ACM TON, IEEE Services Computing, JNCA, Computer Networks,
• External examiner Honors thesis. Deakin University, University of New England, University of Wollongong, University of Sydney
• External examiner Master by Research and M. Phil thesis. University of New South Wales, University of Sydney.
• Sessional lecturer, Unit developer and course co-coordinator for Cyber Security and Cloud Security Units at Victoria University, Melbourne.
• TPC-co-chairs, IEEE ITNAC 2017 and 2018
• Panel member HEAG, Deakin Uni. June 2019-March 2020
• RPL assessment officer, School of IT, Deakin Uni. January 2019 to till date.
• Session facilitator for Cyber Security workshops, Deakin Career Studios, India and Nepal, July 2019.
• Publication co-chair, Springer International Conference on Security and Privacy in Digital Economy (SPDE2020), China http://spde2020.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/65558
• Guest Editor, Security and Privacy for AI-powered Smart IoT Applications, Digital Communications and Networks, Elsevier, October 2020 http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/digital-communications-and-networks/call-for-papers/security-and-privacy-for-aipowered-smart-iot-applications/
• Guest Editor, Special Issue on Privacy Preserved Learning in Distributed Communication Systems 2021, Elsevier, http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/digital-communications-and-networks/call-for-papers/si-on-privacy-preserved-learning-in-distributed/
Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation, https://www.deakin.edu.au/csri
• Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China. Topic: Cyber Security: Challenges and Opportunities, July 2017.
• Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, China. Topic: Software-defined Networking Security: Challenges and Opportunities, July 2017.
• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jammu, India, Topic: IoT Heterogeneity and Security, Oct 2019.
• Principal Supervisor: Mr. Dinh Duc Nha Nguyen (Tony) (PhD), Oct 2020-
• Associate Supervisor: Mr. Chaochen (PhD), January 2019-
• Principal Supervisor: Mr. Joel Prince (Bachelor of honours Degree in IT), July 2021-
• Supervisor (International Academic Student Visitor): Ms. J. Chen (Master’s degree), June 2019- June 2020.
• Capstone Project Supervisor (Bachelor of Cyber Security Group), (March 2019-till date)
• Professor of IT award 2016. This award is given to a PhD candidate having outstanding research achievement within School of IT.
• $10K start up fund from Deakin Uni. 2019-2020
• Principal-Investigator: 5G Cybersecurity: Towards a Secure Evaluation of Future HetNets, internal SIT Deakin, $5000, 2020
• Principal-Investigator: Autonomous Security Architecture for 5G enabled IoT Networks, CSRI, internal SIT Deakin, $10,000, 2020 (output: work in progress)
• Principal-Investigator : A Post-Quantum Code-Based Cryptosystem for Security of the Internet of Things, SEBE Faculty Deakin Internal, $5,000, January 2021 (output: work in progress)
M Nosouhi, K Sood, N Kumar, T Wevill, C Thapa
(2022), pp. 1-9, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Piscataway, NJ, C1
Y He, X Zhang, Z Xia, Y Liu, K Sood, S Yu
(2022), Vol. 202, pp. 1-13, Computer Networks, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
M Nosouhi, K Sood, M Grobler, R Doss
(2022), Vol. 17, pp. 1669-1683, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, K Karmakar, V Varadharajen, N Kumar, Y Xiang, S Yu
(2021), Vol. 35, pp. 34-39, IEEE Network, C1
B Feng, H Zhou, G Li, Y Zhang, K Sood, S Yu
(2021), Vol. 35, pp. 196-201, IEEE Network, Piscataway, N.J., C1
M Nosouhi, S Yu, K Sood, M Grobler, R Jurdak, A Dorri, S Shen
(2021), pp. 1-14, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, M Nosouhi, N Kumar, A Gaddam, B Feng, S Yu
(2021), pp. 1-13, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Piscataway, NJ, C1
Jingxue Chen, Yining Liu, Yong Xiang, Keshav Sood
(2021), pp. 1-7, IEEE Systems Journal, Piscataway, N.J., C1
A Tutorial on Next Generation Heterogeneous IoT Networks and Node Authentication
Keshav Sood, Shui Yu, Dinh Nguyen, Yong Xiang, Bohao Feng, Xiaoning Zhang
(2021), Vol. 4, pp. 120-126, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, C1
L Fang, X Zhang, K Sood, Y Wang, S Yu
(2020), Vol. 154, pp. 1-15, Journal of network and computer applications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
M Nosouhi, K Sood, S Yu, M Grobler, J Zhang
(2020), Vol. 7, pp. 293-307, IEEE transactions on computational social systems, Piscataway, N.J., C1
G Li, B Feng, H Zhou, Y Zhang, K Sood, S Yu
(2020), Vol. 152, pp. 305-315, Computer communications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
K Sood, K Karmakar, S Yu, V Varadharajan, S Pokhrel, Y Xiang
(2020), Vol. 7, pp. 5964-5975, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Y Zhang, B Feng, W Quan, A Tian, K Sood, Y Lin, H Zhang
(2020), Vol. 8, pp. 133212-133224, IEEE Access, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Yunhua He, Jialong Shen, Ke Xiao, Keshav Sood, Chao Wang, Limin Sun
(2020), pp. 1-6, ICC 2020 : Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications, Online, Ireland, E1
K Sood, K Karmakar, V Varadharajan, U Tupakula, S Yu
(2019), Vol. 23, pp. 612-615, IEEE communications letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Lu Zhou, Keshav Sood, Yong Xiang
(2019), Vol. 23, pp. 1700-1703, IEEE Communications Letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
S Pokhrel, K Sood, S Yu, M Nosouhi
(2019), pp. 73-78, IEEE INFOCOM 2019 : IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops, Paris, France, E1
M Nosouhi, S Yu, K Sood, M Grobler
(2019), pp. 350-357, TrustCom/BigDataSE 2019 : Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference On Trust, Security And Privacy In Computing And Communications/13th IEEE International Conference On Big Data Science And Engineering, Rotorua, New Zealand, E1
K Sood, S Pokhrel, K Karmakar, V Vardharajan, S Yu
(2019), pp. 1-6, Globecom : Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Waikoloa, Hi, E1
V Pham, S Yu, K Sood, L Cui
(2018), Vol. 7, pp. 74-84, IET networks, Piscataway, N.J., C1
Y Yuan, C Wang, S Peng, K Sood
(2018), Vol. 7, pp. 2429-2438, IEEE access, Piscataway, N.J., C1
A Al-Mansoori, S Yu, Y Xiang, K Sood
(2018), pp. 1-11, ACSW 2018 : Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference, Brisbane, Queensland, E1
K Sood, K Karmakar, V Vardharajan, U Tupakula, S Yu
(2018), GLOBECOM : 2018 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, E1-1
Keshav Sood, Yong Xiang
(2017), Vol. 2, pp. 1-9, Journal of Communications and Information Networks, Cham, Switzerland, C1-1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2017), pp. 1-6, ACSW 2017 : Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference, Geelong, Victoria, E1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2016), Vol. 3, pp. 453-463, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang
(2016), Vol. 20, pp. 2522-2525, IEEE communications letters, Piscataway, N.J., C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang, H Cheng
(2016), Vol. 4, pp. 7176-7185, IEEE Access, C1
K Sood, S Yu, Y Xiang, S Peng
(2016), pp. 71-76, ICIEA 2016: Proceedings of the IEEE 11th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Hefei, China, E1
K Sood, K Sood, S Liu, S Liu, S Yu, S Yu, Y Xiang, Y Xiang
(2015), pp. 226-231, ITNAC 2015: Proceedings of the 25th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference, Sydney, New South Wales, E1
S Yu, K Sood, Y Xiang
(2014), Vol. 18, pp. 1911-1914, IEEE Communications Letters, NJ, United States, C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
Other Public Sector Funding
Accurate Decision-making for Network Security with Compromised Data.
Dr Keshav Sood, Prof Robin Ram Mohan Doss
Department of Defence
- 2022: $30,000
Other Funding Sources
Secure and Authenticated Access to Remote Assets Within Critical Infrastructure.
Dr Zubair Baig, Dr Lei Pan, Dr Keshav Sood, Prof Robin Ram Mohan Doss
Cyber Security Research Centre Limited
- 2022: $90,000
Thesis entitled: Novel Audio Watermarking Methods Robust Against Attacks
Doctor of Philosophy (Information Technology), School of Information Technology