Dr Kristijan Mirkovski is a lecturer of Information Systems at the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics in Deakin Business School. He received his PhD in Information Systems from the City University of Hong Kong and since has held various academic positions in Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
Dr Mirkovski's primary research interests include: (1) ICT adoption and use, (2) alternative genres, (3) social media and social commerce and (4) open innovation. He is currently working on critical, interpretive, and positivist research studies. He also uses a variety of research methods, such as interviews, analysis of secondary data, surveys, and experiments.
His work has been accepted and published by Information Systems Journal, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Internet Research, Information Systems Frontiers, International Journal of Logistics Management, Electronic Commerce Research, Information Technology & People, IEEE IT Professional and CSCMP’s Supply Chain Quarterly. Dr Mirkovski’s work also has been accepted and presented at internationally-recognized conferences such as AOM (CORE: A*), ICIS (CORE: A*), HICSS (CORE: A), PACIS (CORE: A), AMCIS (CORE: A) and ACIS (CORE: A). He also serves on the advisory editorial board of the International Journal of Logistics Management.
Dr Mirkovski has obtained competitive external funding as a PI from the National Natural Science Foundation of China for $38,000 (2018-2020).Read more on Kristijan's profile
- ICT adoption and use
- Alternative genres
- Social media and social commerce
- Open innovation
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM).
- Member, Association for Information Systems (AIS).
- Member, Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- Management Information Systems
- Business Analytics
- MIS202 - Making Sense of Information
- MIS362 - Social Media Analytics and Data Driven Innovation
- MIS712 - Managing Digital Transformation
- MIS782 - Value of Information
- MIS399 - Applied Business Project
- Excellent Academic Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, 2016.
- Excellent Academic Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, 2015.
- PhD Research and Conference Grant by City University of Hong Kong ($4,800), 2011-2014.
- PhD Fellowship by University Grants Committee of Hong Kong ($115,100), 2011-2014.
- PhD Entrance Scholarship by City University of Hong Kong ($11,000), 2011.
- 1st Prize on Kleemann Consulting Project by University of Sheffield, 2007.
- 2nd Prize on Business Plans Competition by University of Sheffield, 2006
No publications found
Funded Projects at Deakin
Industry and Other Funding
Developing theory-driven narrative animated videos (NAVs) for communicating product instructions in the finance industry.
Dr Kristijan Mirkovski
- 2020: $7,000
No completed student supervisions to report