Llewellyn holds professional qualifications in early childhood, adult and movement education. His teaching experience at Deakin University has been cross disciplinary within the Bachelor of Health & Physical Education, Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance), Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, Bachelor of Education (Early Years) and Master of Teaching programs.
He is a Certified Body-Mind Centering® Practitioner, professional practice member of Body-Mind Centering® Association (BMCA Inc.), Registered Somatic Movement Educator (RSME) with ISMETA and holds a Doctor of Education (Ed D) degree from University of New England (UNE); Llewellyn is an active researcher in the areas of movement education, physical activity, nature-based learning and the design of early childhood outdoor environments.Read more on Llewellyn's profile
- Translating Academic Skills to Professional Skills (Pathways from Uni to becoming an early childhood teacher)
- Nature-based, outdoor and ecological learning
- Outdoor play, physical activity and movement
- Design of naturalised early childhood outdoor spaces
- Integral theory and embodied pedagogies
- Early childhood movement, music and dance pedagogy
- Contemplative education
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Registered Early Childhood Teacher;
- Professional Practice Member - Body-Mind Centering® Association Inc. (BMCA);
- Registered Professional Member (RSME) - International Somatic Movement Education & Therapy Association (ISMETA);
- Early Childhood Australia (ECA).
- Children's social, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing in early childhood and primary education;
- Health, Physical Education (HPE) and Wellbeing pedagogies;
- Sustainability education and nature-based teaching and learning;
- Role of somatic education and body-mind integration in health-wellness pedagogy;
- Early childhood movement, music & dance pedagogies
- Contemplative education.
Bachelor of Education (Early Years)
ECE116 Promoting Health, Wellbeing & Nutrition
Master of Teaching (E760) (Early Childhood & Primary Strands)
ECP712 Social, Physical and Emotional Health and Wellbeing
EPR713-743 Reflecting On Practice in Professional Experience
- ECP 712
- DUPPP Academic Literacies Project (BECE) 2012-2013;
- Gowrie Victoria, The Harbour Family & Children's Centre Outdoor Learning Space - How It Works? 2012;
- Greening Child Care Spaces Project 2013 - Nursery Gardening Industry Association (NGIA), Mission Early Learning Services, Fleming's Nurseries & CREFI.
- Ballarat Kindergarden Project 2014-2015 - City of Ballarat, ECKA, Fleming's Nurseries, Uniting Care Ballarat & Deakin University.
- Rural Children's Centre Greening 2014-2019.
- Documenting a Sensory Garden-Nature Play Development Project - Collaborative project with Primary school in SW Victoria 2017-2018.