Dr Matt Mount is an assistant professor in strategy and innovation within the Department of Management at Deakin University. His primary area of expertise is in strategy and innovation process, with a particular focus on the socio-cognitive mechanisms that influence how organizational actors navigate the formation of strategic and innovative ventures and problems, generation of meaning, selection and evaluation decisions, and complex institutional domains. Theoretical topics of interest include social and managerial cognition, institutional theory, strategy process, strategic contingency theory, technology innovation, framing, and sense-making. He tends to use a multitude of quantitative and qualitative methods, albeit from a predominantly positivist paradigm. Currently, he has been conducting a series of studies on the use of crowdsourcing to facilitate innovative and strategic decision-making.Read more on Matt's profile
- Strategy Process
- Innovation Process
- Institutional Process
- Member, Academy of Management.
- Member, European Group for Organizational Studies.
- Member, Strategic Management.
- Member, Strategic Management Society.
- Member, Technology and Innovation Management.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Management Studies.
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Organization Science, Journal of Management Studies, California Management Review, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Research Policy, International Journal of Operations & Production Management and R&D Management.
- Strategic Management
- Innovation Management
- Organization Theory