Dr Nicole Johnston is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Finance in Deakin Business School. Nicole is a socio-legal researcher focusing on multiple aspects of multi-owned properties (strata title, condominium, apartments) including governance, conflicts of interest and legal relationships.
She completed her PhD, Master of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Bachelor of Law (Honours) from Griffith University. Nicole also finished her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice/Psychology from the University of Queensland.Read more on Nicole's profile
- Strata and Community Title Law and Management
- Body Corporate Governance and Conflicts of Interest
- Affilitate Member, Strata Communities Australia (VIC).
- Member, International Academic Association on Planning, Law and Property Rights.
- Academic Member, Australian College of Strata Lawyers
- Property Law
- MMP212 - Property Investment
- MMP121 - Property Law and Practice
- MMP721 - Property and Real Estate Law
- MMP111 - Introduction to Property
- Johnston, N (2013), Transitioning Residential Multi-Owned Developments: Conflicts of Interest Arising, paper presented at the 7th International Conference for Gated Communities: Private Urban Governance, June 27th 2013, Brighton University, England.
- Johnston, N., Guilding, G. and Reid, S (2012), Examining Developer Actions that Embed Protracted Conflict in Staged Residential Multi-Owned Developments, paper presented at the Pacific Rim Real Estate conference, 15-17th January 2012.
- Reid, S., Ruhanen, L., Davidson, M. and Johnston N (2010), Legal Basis for Tourism Planning: The Australian Case, paper presented at the ISTTE conference, 18-22nd October 2011.
- VCAT president slams the ability of developers to control bodies corporate as ‘an abuse’, Domain, Australia, 2017.
- Australian College of Community Association Lawyers (ACCAL) Scholarship Award, 2012.
N Johnston, E Too
(2018), pp. 65-82, Multi-owned property in the Asia-Pacific region: rights, restrictions and responsibilities, London, Eng., B1
N Johnston, R Leshinsky
(2018), Vol. 36, pp. 506-520, Property management, Bingley, Eng., C1
S Reid, N Johnston, A Patiar
(2017), Vol. 33, pp. 11-22, Journal of hospitality and tourism management, Cambridge, Eng., C1
N Johnston, E Too
(2015), Vol. 8, pp. 451-470, International journal of housing markets and analysis, C1
B Sparks, G Bradley, G Jennings, N Johnston
(2014), Vol. 67, pp. 2903-2910, Journal of business research, New York, N. Y., C1-1
H Easthope, J Warnken, C Sherry, E Coiacetto, D Dredge, C Guilding, N Johnston, D Lamminmaki, S Reid
(2014), Vol. 32, pp. 289-304, Urban policy and research, Melbourne, Vic, C1
N Johnston, S Reid
(2013), Vol. 31, pp. 366-388, Property management, Bingley, England, C1-1
D Weaver, M Davidson, L Lawton, A Patiar, S Reid, N Johnston
(2013), Vol. 38, pp. 15-28, Tourism recreation research, Lucknow, India, C1-1
N Johnston, C Guilding, S Reid
(2012), pp. 1-13, PRRES 2012 : Proceedings of the Pacific Rim Real Estate Society 2012 annual conference, Adelaide, S. A., E1-1
S Reid, L Ruhanen, N Johnston
(2012), Vol. 23, pp. 413-428, Anatolia : an international journal of tourism and hospitality research, Abingdon, England, C1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report