Dr Omar Bashar is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economics in Deakin Business School. Omar joined Deakin in 2009 after completing his PhD at the University of Melbourne. He has also worked as the Economics Discipline Coordinator and the Director of Teaching in the Department of Economics.
His main research interest is in the areas of applied macroeconomics, in particular, the empirical analysis of monetary policy, housing market, energy economics, and business cycle modelling.Read more on Omar's profile
- Empirical Macroeconomics
- Energy Economics
- Time Series Modelling
- Member, Economic Society of Australia.
- Member, Econometric Society.
- Quantitative Methods
- MAE203/MAE102 - The Global Economy
- MAE312/MAE202 - National Economic Policy
- MAE302 - Macroeconomics of Open Economies
- MAE103 - Managerial Economics
- 'House price convergence across residential suburbs in Melbourne, Australia', Australian Conference of Economists, Economic Society of Australia, Australia, 10-13 July 2018.
- Econometric Society Australasian Meeting, Australia, 2014.
- Econometric Society Australasian Meeting, Australia, 2013.
- Australian Conference of Economists, Australia, 2010.
- Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore, 2009.
- Australian Conference of Economists, Australia, 2008.
- Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore, 2007.
- Cross-Country Differences in the Impacts of GFC
- Panel Data analysis of the Australian Housing Market
- CO2 Emissions and Business Cycle
- Intra-city analysis of house price convergence
O Bashar, P Bhattacharya, Wohar M
(2017), Vol. 53, pp. 222-234, Journal of macroeconomics, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
(2015), Vol. 91, pp. 94-108, Economic record, London, Eng., C1
O Bashar, I Wadud, H Ali Ahmed
(2013), Vol. 35, pp. 249-259, Economic Modelling, C1
H Ali Ahmed, O Bashar, I Wadud
(2012), Vol. 92, pp. 447-455, Applied Energy, C1
(2012), Vol. 23, pp. 507-518, Journal of Asian economics, Amsterdam, Netherlands, C1
I Wadud, O Bashar, H Ahmed
(2012), Vol. 34, pp. 849-863, Journal of Policy Modeling, C1
(2011), Vol. 44, pp. 243-264, The journal of developing areas, Nashville, Tenn., C1
(2011), Vol. 28, pp. 1374-1382, Economic modelling, Amsterdam, Netherlands, C1
(2011), Vol. 46, pp. 109-129, Indian economic review, New Delhi, India, C1
(2008), pp. 1-35, ACE 2008 : Proceedings of the 37th Australian Conference of Economists, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, E1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
Matthew Peter Larkin
Thesis entitled: Three Essays on the Australian Housing Market
Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Economics