Tristan is an experienced Counselling Psychologist with practical experience working in private practice, employment services, psychiatric rehabilitation, university counselling, and school settings.
His research interest are in Counsellor Education and Environmental Psychology, particularly the impact of the physical environment on mental health and learning, as well as encouraging sustainable environmental behaviours. He is also interested in counselling interventions that address disadvanatages in education and the workplace. Tristan is keen to hear from students who are interested in pursing research related to Environmental Psychology.Read more on Tristan's profile
- Counsellor Education
- Environmental Psychology
- Counselling Interventions
- Climate Change and Mental Health
- APS Psychology and Environment Interest Group
- PACFA (Academic Member)
Counselling; Psychological Interventions; Assessment; Abnormal Psychology
- Counselling Psychology.
- Environmental Psychology.
- Evolutionary Psychology.
- Qualitative Research.
- Quantitative Research.
- Private psychologist in Malvern East.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Member of Scientific Program Committee, Counselling Psychology Conference, Feb 21-24, 2013.
- Secretary of the APS Psychology and Environment Interest Group.
- Board member of Psychotherapy and Counselling Journal of Australia (PACJA).
- Effectiveness of virtual nature for the restoration of attention and recovery from stress.
- The impact of counselling room design on therapeutic outcomes.
- Childhood environments and adult mental health/personality.
- School environments and student learning/mental health.
Claire Bristow, Capella Meurer, Janette Simmonds, Tristan Snell
(2020), Vol. 35, pp. 1551-1569, Health promotion international, Oxford, Eng., C1
Jennifer Nottingham-Jones, Janette Simmonds, Tristan Snell
(2020), Vol. 86, pp. 102558-102558, Midwifery, Amserdam, The Netherlands, C1
Tristan Snell, Janette Simmonds, Liora Klein
(2020), Vol. 55, pp. 1-9, Urban forestry & urban greening, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
Tristan Snell, Louise McLean, Finn McAsey, Michael Zhang, Diana Maggs
(2019), Vol. 51, pp. 1082-1105, Environment and Behavior, London, Eng., C1
Helen Watt, John Ehrich, Sandra Stewart, Tristan Snell, Micaela Bucich, Nicky Jacobs, Brett Furlonger, Derek English
(2019), Vol. 9, pp. 485-509, Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning, Bingley, Eng., C1
Stephanie Kalanj-Mizzi, Tristan Snell, Janette Simmonds
(2019), Vol. 17, pp. 196-213, Advances in Mental Health, London, Eng., C1
Krasimira Kirova, Tristan Snell
(2019), Vol. 37, pp. 206-218, Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, London, Eng., C1
Lefteris Patlamazoglou, Janette Simmonds, Tristan Snell
(2018), Vol. 78, pp. 178-196, OMEGA - journal of death and dying, London, Eng., C1
Diana Patterson, Janette Simmonds, Tristan Snell
(2018), Vol. 28, pp. 651-669, Society and animals, Leiden, The Netherlands, C1
Tristan Snell, Joyce Lam, Winnie Lau, Isaac Lee, Eleanor Maloney, Nicole Mulholland, Lee Wilson, Laura Wynne
(2016), Vol. 26, pp. 111-124, Children, Youth and Environments, Boulder, Co., C1
Tristan Snell, Janette Simmonds, Anthony Greenway
(2015), Vol. 7, pp. 96-103, Ecopsychology, New Rochelle, N.Y., C1
Tristan Snell, Janette Simmonds
(2015), Vol. 37, pp. 169-184, Archive for the Psychology of Religion, London, Eng., C1
T Snell, J Simmonds, R Webster
(2011), Vol. 3, pp. 105-113, Ecopsychology, C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report