The Deakin Promise
Four important, interconnecting elements make up the Deakin Promise. As a worldly university, informed by its Australian context and engaged with the communities it serves, Deakin promises to advance:
- Learning: Offer brilliant education where you are and where you want to go.
- Ideas: Make a difference through world-class innovation and research.
- Value: Strengthen our communities, enable our partners and enhance our enterprise.
- Experience: Delight our students, our alumni, our staff and our friends.
Deakin promises to educate learners for the jobs and skills of the future (graduate employability) through courses enhanced for highly personal, engaging and relevant learning experiences (premium cloud and located learning).
The Deakin Promises related to learning include:
- welcoming committed and capable learners
- empowering learners for the jobs and skills of the future
- providing cloud learning globally and locally
- enabling learners to achieve at their own pace and space
- Sstrengthening the evidence base of learning.
How it's structured
Deakin’s curriculum framework has four key aspects. Courses at Deakin are designed for:
- Expectations: outcomes and standards clearly signal expectations aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Evidence: assessment tasks enable compelling evidence of outcomes and standards, focusing on graduate employability.
- Experience: inspiring educators offer personal, interactive and engaging learning experiences and resources in cloud and located learning.
- Enhancement: emphasis is on the systematic evidence-based enhancement of courses.