Online learning and teaching
All Deakin students undertake some form of online learning, whether it be part of face-to-face learning or studying part or all of their course at Deakin’s Cloud Campus. Students have access to innovative digital tools that support their learning and offer flexibility in today’s world.
An evolution of passion and knowledge
Deakin has provided quality off-campus learning since 1974. Now in a digital economy, we’ve harnessed this vast experience to develop and fine-tune our digital learning tools and the overall student experience online.
DeakinSync is an adaptive, all-in-one digital space that makes staying connected on your smartphone or tablet easy. You can keep up with University news and events, campus maps and transport information.
It’s the place where you access your units, learning resources, the Library, your timetable, portfolio and collaborate with others to stay connected and in control of your studies.
Deakin's Cloud Campus is where students go to study online units and courses. Students have access to the same teachers and resources as on-campus students, and enjoy the flexibility of online study, which they can do anywhere at any time.
The cloud enables students to:
- choose from hundreds of online undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- use their classroom in the cloud to watch lectures, submit assessments and participate in discussions
- use their meeting room in the cloud to work together in real time with students and staff, including sharing videos and delivering presentations
- download and stream lectures and presentations at any time of the day.
The Cloud Campus is Deakin’s fastest-growing campus, and is ideal for students who choose to study wholly online. Your classroom in the cloud is where you’ll take classes, submit assessments and participate in discussions.
Deakin’s Cloud Campus allows you to study in your own time and in any location. Everything is available online, whenever and from wherever you need it. Take classes while you’re on the go, log in and ask questions and contribute to discussions in the forums. Cloud learning adapts to your lifestyle.
Full university experience
wCourses and units via the Cloud Campus are taught by the same teachers as at other campuses. Classes are recorded and posted online and you’ll work in real time with other students and staff using innovative digital tools.
Cloud Campus students are also encouraged to come to our physical campuses and learning centres and use the facilities, including libraries, printers and fast wi-fi for downloading or connecting to help and support.
Digital tools and resources
Students are fully supported with a range of online resources. Through your personalised dashboard, DeakinSync, you connect with students, learning and assessment experiences, teaching and support staff and potential employers.
What's it like to study in the cloud?
You may have the option to undertake some units online through our Cloud Campus. With cloud learning at Deakin, the classroom comes to you.
Students who study in the cloud:
- are taught by the same teachers as students attending classes at one of our Victorian campuses
- join a community of like-minded students and are connected through digital communication tools and forums
- get remote access to all of Deakin’s student support services and activities, including dedicated orientation sessions
- connect to specialist careers advisors, and language and learning advisors, who can help with course direction, study skills and techniques
- have 24/7 access to the Library’s resources and services. It's a vibrant and technology-rich facility providing a supportive online presence.