Overview of the day
The Uni Discovery Day gives Year 10 students an insight into university by spending a day at one of Deakin’s campuses. Students will participate in a full day of university experiences, including campus tours and interactive workshops. School students will also get the chance to meet current Deakin university students to ask their questions and talk about university life.
The program aims to help students:
- build on their aspirations, with the opportunity to consider higher education as a viable and accessible pathway
- become familiar with a university campus and immerse themselves in the culture of university life
- experience a day in the life of a university student, by taking part in workshops, meeting current students and exploring a university campus.
Individual schools are required to:
- organise students for program participation
- maintain responsibility for student conduct, behaviour, and medical issues
- organise of transport to a Deakin University campus.
of students considered university after the Uni Discovery Day
By spending the day at one of Deakin's campuses, students were able to consider what university life might look like for them. The vast majority agreed that the experience helped them consider going to university.
Year level: 10
Duration: Four hours
Location: Deakin University campuses, dependant on location of partner school.
Capacity: Flexible dependant on cohort size. For cohorts greater than 100 students, DEAP can work with schools on specific logistic options.
Catering: Students will have access to the cafeteria facilities to purchase lunch on the day, or are welcome to bring their own lunch.
For further information about any of our programs and activities, please get in touch.
Team Leader, Deakin Engagement and Access Program
+61 3 9278 7817
Email Melissa Lowe
*2018 Uni Discovery Day participant responses