This workshop supports students' access to university by examining the different types of scholarships available to them, including academic and merit, with a focus on exploring access and equity scholarships.
The scholarships workshop aims to enable students to:
- increase their recognition of the value of higher education scholarships
- increase their preparedness to complete scholarship applications
- increase their understanding about the costs involved in going to university, and how to pay university fees
- discuss Australian Government Financial Assistance, including HELP loan schemes and Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Individual schools are required to:
- organise rooms in school for workshops to occur
- maintain responsibility for student conduct, behaviour, and medical issues.
I found the workshop very useful and enjoyable due to the activities we performed.
Scholarship workshop participant
Keysborough Secondary College
Year level: 12
Duration: One hour, available mid-July to early-September
Location: In school
Capacity: To be confirmed with the participating school
For further information about any of our programs and activities, please get in touch.
Team Leader, Deakin Engagement and Access Program
+61 3 9278 7817
Email Melissa Lowe