TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition:
a.Is open to all Deakin alumni and is free to enter
b.Deakin University alumni must participate in the 2019 dKin Magazine Quiz and complete all four questions correctly to go in to the prize draw.
c.Each alumni member will have a unique web link to follow to participate in the quiz which will be provided in the EDM (electronic direct mail) sent out in March 2019 and dKin Times alumni enewsletter sent out in February 2019.
d.One Deakin alumni member will be drawn randomly from those who are eligible.
- To be eligible to enter, entrants also must have given Deakin University permission to contact them (ie they must not have not selected or asked the Deakin Alumni Office to mark on their behalf ‘no further email contact’ or ‘no further contact’ from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings).
- Staff employed by the Deakin Advancement division are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Each alumni member can only enter once. Entrants will only be registered for this competition once regardless of how many times they complete the quiz.
- The competition commences at 9am AEDT on 28 February 2019 and closes at 9am AEDT on 4 April 2019.
- One alumni winner will be drawn at random from those who are eligible.
- There is one prize to be awarded:
(1)First prize = AUD$1000 Flight Centre travel and accommodation voucher.
- The total prize pool is valued at AUD$1000.
- Deakin University alumni must participate in the 2019 dKin Magazine Quiz and complete all four questions correctly to go in to the prize draw. Each alumni member will have a unique web link to follow to participate in the quiz which will be provided in the EDM (electronic direct mail) sent out in March 2019 and dKin Times alumni enewsletter sent out in February 2019. One Deakin alumni member will be drawn randomly from those who are eligible.
- The winners will be drawn at the Deakin University Alumni Waurn Ponds office at 11am AEDT 5 April 2019.
- The winner will be notified via phone or email. The name of the winner will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of them being chosen.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 14 days of being notified by email under paragraph 13, a redraw will be conducted within 21 days of the competition end date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 13.
- Where possible, the prize will be given to the winner in person at the Deakin University Burwood Campus, Deakin University Waurn Ponds Campus or Deakin Downtown in Melbourne; if it is not possible to award the prize in person due to location, the prize will be sent via registered post.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Use of the travel and accommodation voucher is subject to Flight Centre Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions.
Consent to Promotion
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes on the Deakin Alumni webpage, dKin alumni enewsletter, Deakin Alumni Facebook page and Deakin Alumni LinkedIn page. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin University.
- Deakin University is collecting your personal information on the form for the primary purpose of entering you into the 2019 dKin Magazine Quiz competition and updating your personal information and responses in the Deakin Alumni Community portal and database. Deakin will use this personal information to select the winner and contact you if you have won. You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin will not be able to register you for the draw.
- For further information regarding your personal information please contact us on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Enter