Deakin alumni need to log-in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and make at least one or more updates on the 'Update your details' page whilst logged in to update any field of the Personal Information, Addresses, Phones and Email and/or Business Details to enter.
Entries close 19 November but the earlier you enter, the more chances you have of winning the monthly gift cards!
Please pass the word around to alumni who may not have heard about this competition. It's a great time to reconnect!
Terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
3. The competition is:
- Open to Deakin University alumni and is free to enter;
- Deakin alumni need to log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and make at least one update or more on the ‘Update your details’ page whilst logged in to update any field of the Personal Information, Addresses, Phones and Email and/or Business Details
4. To be eligible to enter, entrants also must have given Deakin University permission to contact them (ie they must not have not selected ‘no further email contact’ or ‘no further contact’ from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings).
5. Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement division and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
6. The competition commences at 9am AEST on 26 June 2019 and closes at 9am AEST on 19 November 2019.
7. Two major alumni winners will be drawn from the eligible entries.
8. There is two prizes to be awarded
- 8a. First and Second prizes = Both winners will have a choice of gym or fitness classes paid for a year upon presentation of an invoice up to AUD$1250, or a choice of sporting equipment purchased on behalf of the two winners such as but not limited to an exercise bike, bike, treadmill or surfboard to the total value of AUD$1250 each.
- 8b. In addition, five spot prizes will be drawn of AUD$100 Coles Myer gift cards or equivalent gift voucher in the country of the winner. These spot prizes will be drawn on the last day of the month in July, August, September and October. Two gift cards will be given away in the draw at the end of July and one gift card in each month after.
- 8c. The winners of the spot prizes will stay in the draw and are eligible to win one of the major prizes in November.
- 8d. The prizes cannot be substituted for cash.
9. The total prize pool is valued at AU$3000.
How to Enter
10. Entrants who log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and update at one update or more on the ‘Update your details’ page whilst logged in to update any field of the Personal Information, Addresses, Phones and Email and/or Business Details. Entrants will only be registered for this competition once regardless of how many times they log in.
11. The winners acknowledges and agree that by entering this competition:
- The winner accepts and acknowledges full responsibility for their decision to participate in this prize.
- Deakin and its officers, agents and employees, are and shall be released from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the acceptance of a participant in the prize or any other aspect of the prize.
12. The two major winner’s names will be drawn on 19 November 2019 at 10am AEST at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus.
13. The winners will be notified via email. The name of the winners will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of them being chosen.
14. Where possible, the prize will be given to the winners in person at the Deakin University Burwood Campus, Deakin University Waurn Ponds Campus or Deakin Downtown in Melbourne; if it is not possible to award the prize in person due to location, delivery of the prize will be arranged.
15. If the winners do not respond to claim the prize within 14 days of being notified by email under paragraph 13, a redraw will be conducted within 21 days of the competition end date and the substituted winners will be notified as set out in paragraph 13.
16. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
Consent to Promotion
17. Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes on the Deakin alumni webpages, dKin alumni enewsletter, dKin magazine, Deakin alumni Facebook page and Deakin alumni LinkedIn page. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
18. Deakin University is collecting your personal information via email for the primary purposes of entering you into the Deakin Alumni Connect with Deakin Competition as well as updating your personal information in the Deakin Alumni Community Portal.
20. For further information regarding your personal information please contact us on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com.