The Deakin University Alumni Awards acknowledge and promote notable Alumni around the world who have achieved success in their communities and professions, or given outstanding service to the University.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Open to any Deakin alumnus aged 40 years or over (at the time of nomination), who has consistently demonstrated outstanding success in their professional and/or community endeavours based on:
- exceptional achievement in their professional or community field of endeavour; AND
- the ability to set and achieve standards of excellence in their professional or community field(s) of endeavour.
Alumni of the Year Award
Open to any Deakin alumnus 40 years of age or older (at the time of nomination), who has demonstrated outstanding success in their professional and/or community endeavours based on:
- outstanding and significant achievement in their professional or community field of endeavour; AND
- the ability to inspire others in their professional or community field of endeavour.
Young Alumni of the Year Award
Open to any Deakin alumnus under 40 years of age who, over the course of their lifetime, has built an outstanding and impeccable reputation based on:
- exceptional and prolonged achievements in their professional field; AND
- exemplary leadership in their professional endeavours; AND
- significant contribution to the community.
Alumni Community Service Award
Open to any Deakin alumnus who has consistently demonstrated:
- outstanding volunteer leadership and service to Deakin University, enhancing the affiliations between Deakin's Alumni, students and the broader community, and thereby helping to drive core university goals; AND/OR
- significant voluntary contributions which have led to enduring positive outcomes for the wellbeing of others within their community.
Nominations are to be forwarded to the Alumni Relations email with the subject line, ‘2019 Alumni Award nomination’. Nominations are to include full names, contact details and a brief 300-word statement supporting the nominee for consideration. Nominations will only be considered and processed during the specified nomination period (Friday 29 March 2019 to Friday 3 May 2019).
Nominations may be submitted by:
- any Deakin alumnus
- current Deakin University full time staff members
- any member of the University Council
- any member of the public.
The following are not eligible to be nominated:
- current Advancement staff members
- current Deakin University full-time staff members
- any current member of the Senior University Executive
- honorary degree recipients who haven’t completed an award course at Deakin
- honorary Fellowship holders.
Alumni may not nominate themselves, or receive nominations from immediate family members*. Immediate family members* cannot act as supporting referees.
*Immediate family members include: parents, spouse, siblings, children and grandparents.
All nominations are confidential. The nominee should not be approached for information or advised of the nomination at any stage. No approach should be made to any nominee until the selection process has been completed and only the successful nominees will be contacted.
The Chief Advancement Officer, along with the Alumni Relations Office, will review all valid nominations within each category and provide a short list of candidates for ultimate consideration and endorsement by the Vice-Chancellor.
Submission of nominations
Your nomination must be submitted to the Deakin University Alumni Relations Office by 5pm (AEST) Friday 3 May 2019.
Award recipients will be honoured at the annual Deakin Alumni Awards Dinner to be held on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Email Alumni Relations