Recognising success and service
We are delighted to invite you to nominate a Deakin alumna/alumnus (graduate) or to nominate yourself to receive a 2021 Deakin Alumni Award.
The two categories are:
- Alumni of the Year (over 40 years of age)
- Young Alumni of the Year (under 40 years of age at the time of nomination).
Nominations are via a submission of up to 500 words outlining how the nominee has continued to demonstrate the Deakin values in their professional and personal lives – you may highlight one or more of these values in your nomination.
Deakin's values are:
- Excellent: We will strive for excellence in all aspects of our work, taking pride in being the best we can be.
- Inclusive: We will value our diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community.
- Ethical: We will always conduct our business with the highest standards of professional behaviour and integrity.
- Sustainable: We will care about our shared future, integrating economic, environmental and social dimensions of sustainability in all we do.
Please note that the nominations are confidential and only the award winners and their nominators will be contacted by the Deakin Advancement Office. When nominating someone else, we ask that the nominees are not approached for information or advised of the nomination at any stage. Immediate family members cannot act as supporting referees in the nominations.*
Final selection of the Alumni Award winners will be made by the Vice-Chancellor in conjunction with the Chief Advancement Officer. The Awards will be presented in October 2021 and the winners will be contacted beforehand.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible to be nominated if you are a:
- current Deakin University Advancement staff member
- current Deakin University staff members who are not Deakin graduates
- current member of the Senior University Executive
- Honorary degree recipient who did not also complete an award course at Deakin.
Submit your nomination
Please submit your nomination to Deakin University Advancement by Friday 4 June, 2021.
Email Alumni Relations
*Immediate family members include: parents, spouse, siblings, children and grandparents.