Our department comprises 27 staff members including three professors. Our researchers have published in leading journals such as:
- Information Systems Research
- The Journal of the Association of Information Systems
- The European Journal of Information Systems
- The Journal of Information Technology
- Information Systems Journal and Journal of Strategic Information Systems.
Gary, Michael Shayne, Yang, Miles M., Yetton, Philip W. and Sterman, John D. 2017, 'Stretch goals and the distribution of organizational performance', Organization Science, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 395–410, doi: 10.1287/orsc.2017.1131. A**
Ren, Jie, Yeoh, William, Ee, Mong Shan and Popovič, Aleš 2017, 'Online consumer reviews and sales: examining the chicken-egg relationships', Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, pp. 1–12, doi: 10.1002/asi.23967. A*
Alam, Sultana Lubna and Campbell, John 2017, 'Temporal motivations of volunteers to participate in cultural crowdsourcing work', Information Systems Research, pp. 1–16, doi: 10.1287/isre.2017.0719. A*
Gao, Shijia, Yeoh, William, Wong, Siew Fan and Scheepers, Rens2017, 'A literature analysis of the use of absorptive capacity construct in IS research', International Journal of Information Management, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 36–42, doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2016.11.001. A*
Abbasi, B., Hosseinifard, Z., Alamri, O., Thomas, D. and Minas, JP 2017, 'Finite time horizon fill rate analysis for multiple customer cases', Omega, pp. 1–17, doi: 10.1016/j.omega.2017.03.004. A*
Salzman, Scott, Scarborough, Helen and Allinson, Graeme 2017, 'Exploring the economic viability of using constructed wetlands to manage waste-water in the dairy industry', Australasian Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 276–288, doi: 10.1080/14486563.2017.1328711. A
Shrivastava, Suprika Vasudeva and Rathod, Urvashi 2017, 'A risk management framework for distributed agile projects', Information and Software Technology, vol. 85, pp. 1–15, doi: 10.1016/j.infsof.2016.12.005. A
Bellucci, Emilia, Dharmasena, Lasitha, Nguyen, Lemai and Calache, Hanny 2017, 'The effectiveness of SMS Reminders and the impact of patient characteristics on missed appointments in a public dental outpatient clinic', Australasian Journal of Information Systems, vol. 21, pp. 1–21, doi: 10.3127/ajis.v21i0.1405. A
Nguyen, Lemai and Wickramasinghe, Nilmini 2017, 'An examination of the mediating role for a nursing information system', Australasian Journal of Information Systems, vol. 21, pp. 1–21, doi: 10.3127/ajis.v21i0.1387. A
Nguyen, Lemai, Wickramasinghe, Nilmini, Redley, Bernice, Haddad, Peter, Muhammad, Imran and Botti, Mari 2017, 'Exploring nurses’ reactions to electronic nursing documentation at the point of care', Information Technology & People, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 809–831. A
Teoh, Say Yen, Yeoh, William and Zadeh, Hossein Seif 2017, 'Towards a resilience management framework for complex enterprise systems upgrade implementation', Enterprise Information Systems, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 694–718, doi: 10.1080/17517575.2015.1085096. A
Tamaddoni, Ali, Stakhovych, Stanislav and Ewing, Michael 2017, 'The impact of personalised incentives on the profitability of customer retention campaigns', Journal of Marketing Management, vol. 33, no. 5-6, pp. 327–347, doi: 10.1080/0267257X.2017.1295094. A
The Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics is seeking intellectually curious doctoral applicants with a strong academic track record who are interested in undertaking rigorous, theory-advancing research.
Read about some of our researchers and their projects on the Business Newsroom
The Department of Information Systems and Business host two research laboratories: The IBM Centre of Excellence in Business Analytics and Advanced Business Analytics Lab.
We are also a proud member of the federally funded Data to Decisions Cooperative Research Centre (CRC).
Grants awarded include:
- Analytics and Process Optimisation for Resource Allocation – INT 306 (Alireza Moayedikia), Dr William Yeoh, 2017: $26,000
- Qualitative end user evaluation, D2D CRC Federated Police Project, Prof Rens Scheepers, A/Prof Chad Whelan Prof Ingrid Nielsen Prof Louis De Koker 2017: $40,056 2016: $40,056
- Whitehorse Business Performance and Monitor Survey 2017, Dr Scott Salzman, Dr Craig Parker, A/Prof Bill Dimovski, Prof Barry Cooper, Dr Nicholas Mcclaren 2017: $8,000
- Evaluation of Technology within Simulated and Real-life Nursing Settings, Prof Mari Botti, Prof Bridie Kent, A/Prof Bernice Redley, A/Prof Lemai Nguyen 2012–2014: $281.465.
The department's industry advisory board consists of representatives of major employers of our graduates, Victorian Government and professional bodies, and plays a key role in ensuring our academic programs remain relevant and current.
Formal partnerships of the department include:
- IBM Centre of Excellence in Business Analytics
- course partners of the Master of Business Analytics
- industry certification partnerships:
- IBM (Analytics)
- Microsoft (IT Academy)
- professional/industry groups:
- Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA)
- ICT Geelong.
The department welcomes new industry collaborations in teaching and research. Please contact the Department Head to discuss partnership proposals.
Our staff are dedicated to excellence in teaching and research in information systems and business analytics.