Marketing at Deakin
Our department has developed innovative teaching initiatives, concentrating on social/transformative marketing, services marketing and marketing communication, strategy and education.
Areas of specialisation
- Social and transformative marketing
- Marketing and public policy
- Services marketing
- Marketing communication
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing/business education
- Customer analytics and modelling
Transformative Marketing and Services Colloquium
The colloquium is an opportunity to discuss issues in transformative marketing and services research. A one-day event at Deakin Downtown, topics open for discussion will include: dealing with vulnerability, technology and wellbeing, migrants and refugee issues, and more.
Marketing staff have published in many of the leading journals in the discipline, including:
- The Journal of Academy Marketing Science
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Journal of Service Research
- Journal of Business Research
- Journal of Advertising Research
- Journal of Advertising
- Industrial Marketing Management
- Marketing Letters
- Psychological and Marketing
- Journal of Business Ethics
- European Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Consumer Psychology.
The Department of Marketing is seeking intellectually curious doctoral applicants with a strong academic track record who are interested in undertaking rigorous, theory-advancing research.
Our department boasts a strong category one grant track record, including three ARC Discovery, three ARC Linkages, one Australian Council and an OLT grant. We have also been highly successful in receiving a range of industry-based funding to support our research.
Learn about our industry-leading team who are educating the next generation of marketers.