Ranked #20 online MBA worldwide
Top 1% of universities worldwide*
40 years of distance and online teaching excellence
Influence and champion change in your organisation
Managers in organisations today are almost constantly bringing about some kind of change – whether to roles, systems, cultures, ways of working or processes.
It's hard and complex work. This masterclass introduces practical and proven tools for addressing a variety of change activities in the workplace. Situated against a backdrop of the challenges organisations face today, this masterclass will enable you to understand change issues and select appropriate tools for managing and contributing to change.
By the end of this masterclass, you will be able to:
- distinguish between the fundamental change theories and tools for application to (a part of) your organisation
- create a basic change management plan that considers different types of change, identifies key change roles and sets realistic expectations and achievable goals for your organisation
- Select and apply a range of change tools based on an understanding of a situation, and the role and purpose of each tool
- create a basic communications plan that raises organisational change awareness through effective use of channels and messaging to stakeholders.
Presenter: Gilbert Kruidenier
Gilbert runs his own consultancy firm and prefers to work on complex change problems. He builds capability and mindsets for change and communication that futureproof people and organisations. He believes that change is not hard, but hard work that matters.
There will be some pre-reading required prior to the first online masterclass session and some work to be completed between the masterclass sessions.
Session 1: Change context and the factors that influence change
- Nature and types of change today
- Models and theory in practice
Session 2: Basic change tools
- 10-minute individual verbal presentations from each participant
- Group exploration and summary of key issues and opportunities
- Group simulation briefings
- Tools and templates to consider
Session 3: Advanced change tools
- Operating system canvas
- Strategic change canvas
- Kubler-ross curve
- Change plan and communications template
Session 4: Organisational context
- Change leader assessment
- Denison framework
- Values and ethics
You must attend all four masterclass sessions to record a pass mark.
For more information on this and other masterclasses, please check our frequently asked questions (PDF, 132KB).
You'll be required to prepare a 2500-word report on:
- a specific change project in your/selected workplace
- a selection of relevant and appropriate tools for your change
- a roadmap with timeframe for your change.
The assessment piece will be due four weeks after the last masterclass session.
*ARWU Rankings 2020