COVID-19 business arrangements
Please note that in line with social distancing guidelines, the Deakin University Community Bank Customer Hub will be temporarily closed. All branch staff are still able to be reached and are ready to support you during this time. Contact us by phone or email.
+61 3 9888 8139
Deakin University and Bendigo Bank
Deakin University Community Bank opened for business in September 2016 and moved to its new location in Central Hub at Burwood in October 2018.
The Deakin University Community Bank also offers its own successful scholarship program, with the inaugural recipients now beginning to graduate. Applications open in October for commencing T1 students.
How does it work?
Deakin staff, students and alumni access special offers and, by choosing to bank with Bendigo Bank through the Deakin University Community Bank, they’ll be contributing to its profits.
These profits could and do, for example, fund:
- scholarships to support young people pursuing their dreams
- grants to help our researchers become leaders in their field
- sustainable infrastructure projects to make Deakin an even better place to work and study
- financial support for clubs, societies and community-building activities.
Some of the projects that have already been funded include:
- Deakin University Community Garden
- Deakin Debating Society
- The Global Village Project.
Deakin University has established a strategic advisory board that is representative of the University community (staff, students and alumni) who make decisions on distribution of profits.
Community Strengthening Fund
The Community Strengthening Fund provides financial assistance through sponsorship and grants for Deakin community projects, events and other initiatives.
The fund is open to Deakin staff, students and alumni.
In 2015, Deakin University and Bendigo Bank agreed to explore a range of opportunities to collaborate on.
Opportunities identified included:
- activities of mutual interest
- opportunities to undertake collaborative activities for promotion, growth and development of each other's respective enterprise.
Deakin and Bendigo Bank agreed to work together towards:
- developing partnerships in regional centres to develop a Regional Community Education and Skills Plan (Western Riverina 'Grow our own' project)
- partnering on digital engagement/innovation opportunities
- the ongoing development of a community bank at Deakin University (Deakin University Community Bank)
- developing a joint regional research program to identify and support regional Victorian and southern NSW communities
- establishing a jointly funded regional scholarship program (Bendigo Bank Community Scholarships).
For more information about the Deakin University Community Bank, please visit our hubs on campus or go to any Bendigo Bank branch. ATMS are located at the Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront and Waurn Ponds campuses.
You can also head to the Bendigo Bank website.
Please note that the Customer Hub is currently closed in line with social distancing guidelines. Branch staff are available to help you during this time. Contact us by phone or email.
0468 708 870
Building HD, Level 1
Melbourne Burwood Campus
221 Burwood Highway, Burwood
Monday to Friday, 9.30am–5pm