Advertising on Deakin's Jobs and Internships Board
All vacancies being advertised on Deakin’s Jobs and Internships Board (powered by Careerhub) need to adhere to our Terms and Conditions. Only genuine job vacancies will be approved.
We will not accept the following job vacancies:
- commission only
- remuneration by profit share
- below award wages. Visit Fair Work Ombudsman if unsure
- independent contracting arrangements (self-employment) where students need to obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- offering "cash" or "cash in hand"
- offering "piece rates" i.e. where payment is per product produced, per delivery, per sale made etc. An hourly rate that is at least award wage level is required
- “business opportunities”
- positions in the sex industry
- involving any unpaid training/ trial periods, or reduced pay for training/ trial periods, except whereby a federal or state award makes allowances for such arrangements
- involving any illegal activity
- not advertising a genuine employment opportunity
- requiring the
- purchase or lease of a product (other than a mandatory uniform) or service, or payment of a security deposit, registration fee, application fee or similar; or
- enrolment in a program of education with another education provider
- a condition of employment or acceptance into the volunteer opportunity.
Deakin University’s Graduate Employment staff reserve the right to refuse or withdraw without notice any job vacancy if:
- the notice of job vacancy does not comply with the terms and conditions
- misleading or incorrect information has been provided
- complaints about the employer have been received
- the job opportunity is considered to be inappropriate
- the advertisement of the job opportunity is inconsistent with the standing and reputation of Deakin University
- the employer has previously failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Writing a competitive job advert
Adverts need to be clear, concise and have a flow that will keep the student / graduate on track and interested. We are listing new roles consistently, so making sure your job advertisement attracts the attention of the right candidates and transfers into great quality applications is key. Below may help when you are writing your job advertisement:
Finding the right pay
Find links to information about minimum wages, penalty rates, overtime and allowances on the Fair Work Ombudsman Pay page.
Calculate minimum wages, including penalty rates, overtime and allowances:
Compliance with the law
All job vacancies submitted to Deakin must comply with all relevant State and Commonwealth law, including without limitation equal opportunity, anti-discrimination. For more information please see the links below:
If you'd like further advice on how to connect with or hire Deakin students or graduates, please contact the DeakinTALENT Graduate Recruitment Services team:
+61 3 9244 6002
Geelong and regional office
+61 3 5227 1242